- MightyRecruiter Basics
- Career Site
- Saved Locations
- Apply Link
- Resume Database
- Screening Questions
- Candidate Management & Interaction
- Job Boards
- Creating & Posting Jobs
- What is MightyRecruiter?
MightyRecruiter is an end-to-end recruiting solution that makes previously manual, time-consuming tasks easy, quick, and effective. MightyRecruiter is designed to help you quickly attract, source, recruit and hire the most relevant candidates to your jobs. Some of the specific things you can do with MightyRecruiter include:
- Easily post to leading job boards and job sites.
- Promote your jobs via advertising partners.
- Search database of 19+ million resumes (and growing!).
- Screen, rate, track and communicate with candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Machine learning algorithms rank your most relevant candidates at the top, to save you time.
- Manage employee referrals.
- Create your own branded career site.
- Login from anywhere with cloud mobile access.
These are just a few of the many ways that MightyRecruiter can help make your life easier!
- How does MightyRecruiter help me find candidates?
MightyRecruiter intelligently analyzes your job description to give you a list of the most qualified candidates via our database of 19+ million candidates. You can also post to the most appropriate job boards to attract great candidates. Some of the ways MightyRecruiter helps you to recruit better and faster include:
- Promote your jobs on the leading job boards and career sites on the internet.
- Search your own internal candidate pool of everyone who has ever applied to your positions.
- Proactively search the resume database of 19-million-plus job seekers, and invite qualified candidates to apply.
- Promote your jobs on your social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Solicit and track employee referrals for jobs of your choosing.
- Create your own branded career website, where you can list all of your job openings.
- Screen, rate, communicate with, and track candidates throughout the hiring process.
How is MightyRecruiter priced?
MightyRecruiter is a cloud-based software subscription service that enables you to attract, match, manage, and hire the best candidates quickly and easily across virtually every industry segment. Customers can post a specific number of jobs and view a certain number of resumes each month based on their particular subscription plan.
Currently, MightyRecruiter offers four subscription options, plus the ability to have a custom plan developed for customers with 50+ concurrent open jobs, or based on customer’s need for a specified number of resume downloads. Please contact email@example.com for more details on custom plans.
An important detail not to be lost on companies evaluating MightyRecruiter alongside other solutions is that unlike some of our competitors, we offer unlimited users with each subscription plan.
- Basic: 3 concurrent open jobs / Monthly 50 full resume downloads = $189 per month
- Plus: 10 concurrent open jobs / Monthly 250 full resume downloads = $299 per month
- Pro: 20 concurrent open jobs / Monthly 500 full resume downloads = $459 per month
- Power Play: 50 concurrent open jobs / Monthly 1,000 full resume downloads = $999 per month
- How can I create a custom career site for my website?
We’ve made it extremely easy for you to create your own custom-branded career website pages. Click on the “Admin Tools” tab, scroll down to the “Career Site” section, and click on the “Career Site Pages” button. To build a career page, click on “Customize” on the right-hand side of “View All Open Jobs.” This takes you to a career page that you can design and format using your company colors and logo. In addition, you can upload custom images and write copy about your company. Click the “Done” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and your career page is ready to post.
You can embed a link to your career site within your emails by clicking on “Copy URL” to the left side of “Customize.” To link your new career site to your website, simply add it to your website navigation or to the footer of your site with the title “Jobs” or “Careers,” or just send this link to your web developer and have them incorporate it into your site.
- How do I use the career site widget?
To get to the “Career Site Widget,” click on the “Admin Tools” tab, scroll down to the “Career Site” section, and click on the “Career Site Widget” button. The career site widget allows you to display your open jobs on your company website. The page on which you land shows a four-step process:
- Pick a Company (in the event that you have job postings for multiple companies)
- Determine how many job listings you want per page (5, 10, 20, 50, or page size)
- Copy the code
- Paste the copied Java script into your website. You can even get a preview of your existing job postings that will show up on your career site.
- How are new jobs posted to my career site?
Once you have configured your career site in Admin Tools, each new job is posted automatically to your career site upon clicking the “Save and Post Now” button at the bottom of the “Create Job” page. (Note: If you haven’t created a custom-branded career site page yet, you will need to do so before the jobs start posting to your career site.)
What are Saved Locations?
- What are Saved Locations?
MightyRecruiter supports the needs of multi-location organizations by allowing you to create and organize jobs based on their physical locations. As an Administrator, you can use the “Saved Locations” feature to define your jobs’ physical locations. Simply go to the “Admin Tools” tab, scroll to the “Manage” section, and click on the “Locations” window pane. Once enabled, this feature allows recruiters to simply select a location from a dropdown list when creating a job, rather than entering the city, state, and zip code manually. It also enables the Location filter on the My Jobs tab, allowing you to easily narrow your list of jobs based on where they are located.
You can manage your “Locations” in two ways. For bulk “Deactivate” changes, simply check to the left-hand side of each location and click on “Active” at the top of the page. For individual location changes, click on the toggle button beneath “Actions” and click on the down arrow. This gives you the ability to “Deactivate” an action or to “Delete” it.
- How do I create Saved Locations?
You can create Saved Locations to help you easily fill out your job descriptions in the future. To do so, go to the “Admin Tools” tab and scroll down to “the Manage” section and click on the “Locations” window pane. There, you simply need to click on the “Create Location” button and enter the location details, including an optional user-friendly name (e.g., “Times Square”). This will be the name that your recruiters see when selecting a location when creating a job. For instances where you have multiple companies, you need to check the “Companies” field to associate each location with one or more Companies within your organization. To activate the Saved Location features, be sure to select the the “Save” checkbox.
What is the effect of enabling the “Saved Location” feature?
Enabling the “Saved Locations” feature within the Locations tab in Settings has the following effects:
- When you create a job, the Location field in the form changes from a free-form, type-ahead lookup list to a selection list that shows only your Saved Locations.
- Your Saved Locations will appear as filters on the My Jobs page. This enables you to narrow your list of jobs by location.
- What is the Apply Link and how do I use it?
Many MightyRecruiter customers have an applicant tracking system (ATS) already and use it for managing applications and candidates. For those without an ATS, MightyRecruiter makes it extremely easy for you to capture applications and manage all of your candidates in one stop.
The Apply Link URL can be emailed to potential candidates or added to job postings so that all of your applicants go directly into MightyRecruiter’s one-stop candidate management and messaging dashboard. In the case of a handful of job boards, they require use of their own application form; however, MightyRecruiter has developed a custom API that captures all of those applications and pulls them into MightyRecruiter (no action needed on your part).
You can retrieve an Apply Link URL by going to the “My Jobs” tab and clicking on a specific job posting. Scroll down to “Free Sourcing Options.” On the line labeled “Apply Link” click on the box on the right-hand side designated “Get Apply Link.” Simply paste it into your emails or add it to your other job postings.
- Is Boolean supported when searching the Resume Database?
Yes, Boolean is supported in the keyword section of the Resume Database search interface. The below is what you can expect the search to perform when the following Boolean operators are executed:
Example: cook AND pizza
Description: Results must contain “cook” and “pizza”
Example: +cook pizza sandwiches burgers
Description: Results must contain “cook” and may contain “pizza” “sandwiches” or “burgers”
Example: doctor nurse NOT veterinarian
Description: Results may contain “doctor” or “nurse” but will not contain “veterinarian”
Example: doctor -veterinarian
Description: Results must contain “doctor” but will not contain “veterinarian”
Example: +(“front desk” or “administrative assistant”)
Description: Results must contain either “front desk” or “administrative assistant”
Example: “administrative assistant”
Description: Results may contain “administrative assistant”
Example: C* developer
Description: Results will include C++, C#, etc. developers (* is multi character wildcard)
Description: Results will include CMO, CEO, CFO, etc. (? is single character wildcard)
- Why use screening questions?
Pre-screening candidates is a great way to pare down your list of candidates to a manageable number. Including screening questions in the application process enables you to eliminate applicants who fail to meet predetermined requirements or whose application and/or resume contains inaccurate information. Screening candidates also can serve to educate candidates on your company and the job. On the flipside, recruiters and hiring managers can gain valuable insights on candidates. The following are some of the more prevalent scenarios where prescreening candidates adds substantial value:
- Translate Qualifications. Validate that a candidate’s experience and background aligns with qualifications outlined in job description using yes or no pre-screening questions.
- Prep for Next Steps. Sometimes you want to prep candidates for the next step in the application or vetting process. For example, if you conduct employment skills testing, drug screening, or background checks, you can notify applicants that these are the next steps.
- Verify Availability. For positions with shift schedules, you can screen and eliminate candidates who are not available to work during the requisite hours. You can do the same for applicants who are unavailable or unwilling to commute to a specific job location or site.
- Gauge Their Personality. Find out if an applicant has what it takes to fit into your company by posing personality and cultural prescreening questions.
- Pinpoint Inaccuracies. Over half of applicants submit resumes with inaccuracies. Screening enables you to identify those with errors. MightyRecruiter makes it extremely easy for recruiters and hiring leaders to build their own screening questions right into their job posting workflow. Within the My Jobs tab, users click on the “Create Job” tab on the top right-hand side of the page. Within the “Create Job” window, scroll to the section designated “Screening Questions.” For existing job postings, users can add screening questions by clicking on “Screening Questions” tab in the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- How do I create Screening Questions?
Screening questions can be a huge time saver by enabling you to shrink your list of applicants down to a smaller pool while ensuring you interview only those who are qualified and interested. Adding screening questions in MightyRecruiter is extremely easy. Go to “My Jobs” in the top navigation and click on the job to which you want to add screening questions. Click on “Screening Questions” tab in the horizontal navigation bar.
You can use existing screening questions or develop your own. To leverage existing questions, go your job, click on “Edit Job” and scroll down to the “Screening Questions” section. Click on the “Select Screening Questionnaire” dropdown and choose the one that fits your screening needs.
To create an entirely new set of Screening Questions, go to Admin Tools and navigate to “Manage.” Click on “Screening Questions,” and choose the button on the far right, “Create New.” Use the handy Question Library to add commonly asked questions into your questionnaire with the plus sign.
- Why and how do I create a “knockout” question?
A “knockout” question is used to disqualify a candidate by answering it with an incorrect answer. It can be used anywhere in the sequence of multiple questions. Some of the reasons a recruiter or hiring manager would want to use a knockout question include:
- Lacking a Key Qualification. If a particular qualification (e.g., knowledge of a software package, certification, industry experience) is a requisite for the role, then a single-choice question with a yes or no answer should suffice.
- Inability to Work at the Office. Commute distance can be an issue for certain locations and positions. Inserting a single-choice question regarding the candidate’s willingness to commute – and how far – is an effective knockout question.
- Shift Availability. Certain roles require availability on certain days and times (work shifts). A shift availability question serves as a knockout question for those candidates who are unable to work at those times.
- Unwillingness to Submit to Testing. Some candidates are unwilling to submit to certain forms of pre-screening testing (e.g., skill sets, knowledge, drug, etc.). These knockout questions can be used as single-choice or multiple-choice questions, depending on what the recruiter or hiring manager is trying to achieve.
MightyRecruiter users have the ability to designate a question as a knockout question in single-choice, multiple-choice, and shift availability questions. When adding one of those three question types, users will see a yellow shaded checkbox called “Automatic Knockout Question.” Simply check the box, and all candidates who answer the question incorrectly will be rejected.
For location knockout questions, a checkbox called “Location Auto Reject” is included on the “Create Job” page (appears above “Job Description” with the language “Automatically mark candidate as rejected if they live more than the specified distance from the job.” Users can specify the a commute distance in 10-mile increments via a drop-down menu
- What types of questions can I create on a questionnaire?
You have four question options on a questionnaire: 1) Single Choice 2) Multiple Choice 3) Essay (Text Area), and 4) Shift Availability (Calendar View).
You can designate single- and multiple-choice questions as “knockout” questions where candidates are automatically eliminated based on an incorrect answer. Users can edit, preview, and remove screening questions by clicking on the “Screening Questions” tab next to “Edit Job” within the appropriate job.
- Where can I find a list of answers each candidate provided to the pre-screening questions?
Click under “My Candidates” under the Candidates tab. In the left sidebar, check “Questionnaire” under Application Content. You should then see all of the candidates who have completed screening questions. To see their answers, click into a candidate, and click the “Questionnaire” tab next to the “Messaging” tab.
- What is JobPromote?
JobPromote is MightyRecruiter’s powerful and personalized professional service for customers who need extra help generating more qualified applicants for their job openings. It’s particularly useful for those who need to find the right applicants in highly competitive job markets or locations. It is the best option for anyone who wants to make sure they’re getting the most for their job board spend.
- Why Use JobPromote?
In a highly competitive job market, you can’t afford to waste time and money advertising on job boards that don’t deliver the candidates you want. JobPromote gets your job openings to the right job boards and in front of the right people. This helps boost your ability to get the right number and quality of candidates needed to fill your open positions.
- How Does JobPromote Work?
JobPromote gives you access to the same technology and expertise that major companies use to advertise their jobs across the web. Our recruiting experts work with our media placement engine to develop a unique promotional strategy that drives the most candidates to your position based on your available budget.
JobPromote drives candidates to your job opening by:
- Implementing job ad campaigns that reach beyond traditional job boards to the best-fit job boards for your openings and to new candidate sources.
- Delivering premium sponsorship in email alerts to jobseekers (subscribers) who are searching for similar jobs.
- Monitoring your media performance to maximize quality candidate flow for your budget.
To get started, you simply choose how much you want to spend and we make sure you get the best-fit candidates for your money.
- What does the Job Promotion Strength meter mean?
MightyRecruiter designed a Job Promotion Strength meter that includes a checklist of seven activities to help each customer ensure they get optimal results. You find the Job Promotion Strength meter in each individual job posting (upper right-hand side). The checklist includes:
- Posted to MightyRecruiter Network
- Used a JobPromote at least once
- Authenticated to either Facebook or LinkedIn
- Invited at least one candidate to apply
- Sent at least one referral email
- Clicked on the “Get Apply Link” button at least once
- Posted at least once to a premium board
- Why Use JobPromote?
In a highly competitive job market, you can’t afford to waste time and money advertising on job boards that don’t deliver the candidates you want. JobPromote gets your job openings to the right job boards and in front of the right people. This helps boost your ability to get the right number and quality of candidates needed to fill your open positions.
- Is JobPromote Right for Me?
JobPromote is ideal for anyone who needs to find the right applicants in a highly competitive market or location or needs a pipeline of candidates quickly. It’s also incredibly helpful for those who want to ensure they generate the most and best-fit candidates for their particular opening. Finally, it can be a simple and effective solution for hiring leaders, business owners, and recruiters who are unsure where they should post their openings or are too busy to take the time to strategically promote their job postings.
- How much does JobPromote cost?
You get to choose how much you spend on JobPromote! There is a required minimum spend of $99, but otherwise there are no limitations. Keep in mind, the more money you put in, the better our JobPromote experts can distribute and promote your opening. The larger the amount, the better they’re able to:
- Promote your opening to a larger and more diverse network of job boards.
- Competitively bid for premium placement on cost-per-click and cost-per-applicant job boards.
- Generate a larger number of best-fit applicants for your opening.
- How can I add more funds to JobPromote?
To add more funds to JobPromote, simply click on the opening to which you’d like to add more funds in your “My Jobs” dashboard. Then, click on the “Promote Job” button under the section designated “Premium Sourcing Options.”
- How is JobPromote different from just picking premium job boards by myself?
Most recruiters and hiring managers who are focused on finding qualified candidates have one or two premium job boards that they have tried in the past. However, each of your job openings would likely generate a larger number of best-fit applicants if they were promoted on a unique mix of premium job boards and use paid placements within those boards.
MightyRecruiter’s JobPromote team of experts is adept at analyzing your opening and determining the best mix of job boards and placements for that specific position. Not to mention, thanks to our high-volume buying power, we’re able to get better placement on premium job boards for your dollar. The JobPromote team’s professional know-how and special rates come together to make sure you can fill your positions faster and more efficiently than ever. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Management & Interaction
- Does MightyRecruiter offer candidate management capabilities?
Unless they are already using a third-party applicant tracking system (ATS), most customers opt to use the candidate tracking and management capabilities in MightyRecruiter. When this is the case, users must designate MightyRecruiter as the source for candidate applications. They do so in each individual job posting by clicking on “Edit Job” in the horizontal navigation bar at the top of each individual job posting. Scroll down to the “Advanced Settings” area, where users have the option to have candidates apply via MightyRecruiter (recommended) or a “Your Custom URL” (viz., the third-party ATS link). Under this scenario, the Apply Link URL link appears with each job posting. If a user is employing a third-party ATS, then the job posting points the candidate to apply on the ATS.
- How can I track the status of candidates?
In the “My Candidates” subtab under the navigation tab “Candidates,” you have a full view of all candidates and the ability to filter the list based on a number of different parameters such as submission date, candidate status, candidate rating, submission method (e.g., invited to apply, resume search, applied online, copied from another job, etc.), submission device, questionnaire answers (pass, fail, incomplete), and source of submission. (You can also create your own Tags in Settings to customize your organizational process.) Additionally, each candidate’s status is displayed next to each candidate’s name with the ability to change the status (e.g., from reviewed to rejected).
- How can I rate and review candidates?
Anyone who is a user can view a complete list of candidates through the “My Candidates” subtab underneath the navigation tab “Candidates.” They can click on each individual candidate to drill down into details regarding their background. In the top horizontal menu, a user can select a rating (1 – 5 stars) for that candidate. The status for that candidate automatically changes to “Reviewed” when a rating is clicked.
Users can also include review notes on each individual candidate by clicking on the “+” sign underneath the “Notes” heading on the right-hand side of the page. Users can mark their notes as “Critical” or “Private” by clicking one or both of the boxes on the Notes box. The author of the note is marked with each note entry. In addition, candidates receive an automated email when their status changes (e.g., rejected, etc.).
- How do I message candidates?
Anyone who is a user can message individual candidates through the “My Candidates” subtab. Click on the candidate you want to message and then click on the horizontal menu tab marked “Messaging” or the “Message” button on the top right. You can write a message from scratch in the WYSIWYG text box, or you can select a prewritten email message by clicking on the “Use Template” dropdown. If needed, you have the option to customize the prewritten email message. A historical list of all email messages display in chronological order underneath the “Messaging” WYSIWYG editor. Candidate email messages (assuming they replied to and didn’t delete the email form address) also appear in the messaging sequence.
- Where do I see a complete history of activities and messaging for each candidate?
Click on the “My Candidates” subtab and then the candidate you want to view. View “History” in the horizontal menu bar, which displays a list of all the activities and messages with that particular candidate.
- How can I track which candidates were employee referrals?
In the “My Jobs” tab, click on the individual job of interest and click on the “Candidates” tab at the top of the page. Scroll down the list of searchable options on the left-hand side of the screen to “Source” and click on “Referral.” This displays a complete list of the candidates that were employee referrals. To determine which employee referred the candidate, click on the name of the candidate. This opens a detailed candidate view up, including four boxes at the top of the screen. The one furthest to the right includes the date of the referral, the submission method, as well as source. In the case of the latter, it will indicate the candidate was a referral and list the name and email address of the employee who referred the candidate.
- What are all of the different ways I can get candidates to apply to my jobs?
Candidates can apply to your job and you can also find them in a variety of ways. First, they apply to job postings that you create and post to the free MightyRecruiter Network as well as any additional paid boards. Second, you can search for candidates in the MightyRecruiter Resume Database. When you find a candidate who is a fit, invite them to apply to the job by clicking on the “Actions” dropdown on the right-hand side. Finally, you can create your own branded Career Site in the “Admin Tools” tab and by clicking on “Career Site Pages” in the “Career Site” section. This displays all of your MightyRecruiter jobs on your own website and drives additional traffic to your jobs.
When you invite candidates to apply, the MightyRecruiter system sends the candidate a link to view your job description. Then, if they elect to do so, they can apply. MightyRecruiter allows you to send up to three emails to your candidate for follow-up. (To view and edit all three emails in the “Invite to Apply” view, click “Advanced Settings.”)
To set the schedule for these three emails, go to the “Admin Tools” tab and click on the “Invite Candidates to Apply” template. In this view, you can edit the copy for the three emails and also select how many days to wait before sending the second and third emails to the candidate.
NOTE: Candidates who have previously applied to a position can also be invited to apply to another position via the same above process.
- To which job boards can I post?
MightyRecruiter has established relationships with leading job boards. These include generalist job boards (e.g., designed to attract jobseekers with all types of skill sets across numerous industries), job aggregators (e.g., typically generalists that aggregate job postings from multiple job sites), niche job boards (e.g., dedicated to a specific industry, skill set, and/or region), social networks (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn), and classified sites. With MightyRecruiter, rather than manually logging onto each of the job boards to which you want to post a job, you can post to each of these job boards within seconds.
NOTE: MightyRecruiter is always on the lookout for job boards that aren’t part of our ever-growing network, and we welcome suggestions. Email us at email@example.com.
- How can I post to job boards?
When you create a job in MightyRecruiter and click “Save and Post Now,” your jobs get automatically sent to the MightyRecruiter Network.
- What types of job boards are out there?
There are primarily five types of job boards:
- Generalists. These are designed to attract active jobseekers across a range of different job titles and industries. Examples include Monster and CareerBuilder. These are a great all-purpose destination, although individual postings often get lost in the millions of other postings on these sites.
- Niche. These have grown in popularity over the past few years. They focus on attributes such as industry, skill set, and location. The primary benefit is that it saves jobseekers valuable time searching through unrelated job postings while enabling employers to target job postings at qualified workers. Examples include Dice.com (tech workers), MediaBistro.com (media workers), and CoolWorks.com (workers seeking summer or seasonal roles).
- Classified Sites. These are online versions of newspapers and are broken down across geographic locations.
- Job Aggregators. These job boards aggregate jobs from other sites – job boards and employer career pages. They normally include a broad mix of job postings like generalist job boards. They do not charge employers or job boards for listing the job ads.
- Social Networks. Social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn place users into targeted segments and are great tools for finding passive jobseekers. Employers can push job postings to specific groups on LinkedIn as well as run job ads on Facebook and LinkedIn that target very specific jobseekers.
- How do job boards charge?
Not every job board charges for postings. Some job boards are free and charge for premium posting position (viz., higher position on a page). Other job boards charge based on the performance of a job posting. Free postings and candidate management are included with your subscription. Premium postings and managing performance of your job ads require an additional charge, based on the specific site and desired performance. There are four different performance-based models:
- Pay Per Posting. Pay-per-posting job boards are quite prevalent today. Employers pay an up-front flat posting charge for each job ad.
- Pay Per Click. Pay-per-click (PPC) job boards are also prevalent. Here, employers only charge when a job posting is clicked by a jobseeker.
- Pay Per Applicant. Pay-per-applicant job boards are becoming appropriate models for certain situations. Employers only pay per applicant.
- Pay Per Placement. Employers only pay after they find and hire an employee.
MightyRecruiter’s “JobPromote” billing model follows a pay-per-posting approach.
- Does MightyRecruiter include veteran job boards?
Yes, we work with leading veteran job boards. For recruiters and hiring managers who want to focus job posting on veteran job boards, JobPromote can help you pinpoint the ones that will generate the most and right type of candidates.
- Does MightyRecruiter include nonprofit job boards?
Yes, we work with leading nonprofit job boards. For recruiters and hiring managers who want to focus job posting on not-for-profit job boards, JobPromote can help you pinpoint the ones that will generate the most and right type of candidates.
- How many job applicants should I expect to receive from job boards?
The number of candidates you generate from job board postings varies based on needed skill sets, location, employer branding and reputation, competitiveness of the role, etc. The type of job board – generalist, niche, classified sites, or social network – also plays an important role. For example, a generalist job board such as Monster or CareerBuilder will produce more applicants than a niche job board. But the quality of candidates from the generalist job boards likely won’t match those from the niche job boards. Job performance is based on any number of factors and varies based on skillset, location, and industry. We encourage our customers to create compelling job descriptions that reflect best practices and contain the essential ingredients of winning job descriptions. For those customers wanting to drive more candidates to your position, we suggest you look at JobPromote to get the extra boost that you need.
- Why should I use MightyRecruiter instead of posting to the free job boards?
We believe job posting should be a cinch and that the time of recruiters and hiring managers should be valued. Rather than manually logging into each free job board and posting your job and then doing the same to track and measure the results, you can post to 20+ free job boards in one click and view the results on our one-stop dashboard. In addition, recognizing that job descriptions are time consuming to write and not everyone has the expertise to write one that generates desired results, we created 200+ customizable job description templates. Click on “Create a Job” button in the upper right-hand corner of your screen, type in your desired “Job Title,” and select the job description that matches your desired job description. Overall, MightyRecruiter is an end to end solution that allows you to source and manage all of your candidates within a single platform.
- Can I pick the job boards where my ads will appear?
Yes, when creating your job — or at any time during the life of your job ad — you will be able to select the job boards to which you want to post your job. All job boards will be selected as the default option. Note: Selecting a job board does not guarantee placement on that job board; it just means that MightyRecruiter will send the job to that board. However, it is up to the job board’s discretion to place the job on their site.
Creating & Posting Jobs
- How do I create a new job?
From the dashboard, click the “Create Job” button at the top right of your screen. Enter the job title, location, job description (or use one of our expert-approved job description templates), and other fields as prompted. Make sure to include all of the essential ingredients of a winning job description. Try to include a compelling company overview with a video and social network links. Our Job Description Infographic contains a checklist of what to include and what to do and not to do.
Before posting, be sure to take note of the Job Content Requirements and Guidelines. See FAQ Question: What are the job content guidelines (MightyRecruiter Network Distribution)? When finished, click on the “Save and Post Now” button to post your job – at no additional cost to you – to our network of job boards. If you are not quite ready to post your job, you can save it as a draft and come back later to complete your work and post the job.
- How many jobs can I post?
MightyRecruiter offers four different sourcing and recruiting subscription plans. Every plan includes unlimited user accounts. For companies with specific sourcing and recruiting requirements, MightyRecruiter offers custom subscriptions (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details). To view your current plan, including your available credit and remaining job postings and resume views, click on “Account” in the upper right-hand corner of the MightyRecruiter homepage. Our subscription options include:
- Basic. $189 monthly plan that includes three open jobs and 50 database resumes downloads.
- Plus. $299 monthly plan that includes 10 open jobs and 250 database resumes downloads.
- Pro. $459 monthly plan that includes 20 open jobs and 500 database resumes downloads.
- Power Play. $999 monthly plan that includes 50 open jobs and 1,000 database resumes downloads.
Custom plans are available if you need to post 50+ jobs. Simply contact email@example.com for details or contact us at 1-844-382-1750.
- How do I create a winning job ad?
A winning job description contains seven essential ingredients. When you get these right, research shows you are much more likely to generate the right quantity and quality of candidates. The seven essential ingredients include:
- Job Title. Must accurately reflect the role and responsibilities and resonate with jobseekers.
- Location. Work-life balance is increasingly important to workers. A job description must include information on the location where the work is to be performed and if working from home is an option.
- Job Summary. Read more often than any other part of a job description. Make first impressions count.
- Job Responsibilities. The biggest mistake recruiters and hiring managers make is to provide a laundry list of responsibilities. This is a big turnoff for jobseekers. Include only those responsibilities that are core to the job, and use bullets.
- Skills & Qualifications. Create required and preferred skills and qualifications and put them in order of importance.
- About the Company. Storytelling is the name of the game. Personalize your company for the role and desired jobseeker. Don’t forget to include your company’s social media channel in the posting.
- How to Apply. Give job seekers clear instructions on how to apply for the position and what documents need to be included.
But we didn’t leave job descriptions to chance. Recognizing the importance a job description plays in finding and attracting the right candidates for a job posting and moreover the fact that recruiters and hiring managers are very busy, we created 200+ customizable job description templates. Simply click on the “Create Job” navigation tab and, in the “Job Title” field, type in the desired job title. You’ll be presented with a list of job descriptions we already prepared that will enable you to produce optimal results.
Our customizable job description templates are saving recruiters and hiring substantial time in posting jobs. Before posting your job, be sure to refer to the Job Content Guidelines. See FAQ Question: What are the job content guidelines (Free Board Network Distribution)?
- Can I make a copy of an existing job?
Yes! If you want to post a job that is similar to one that you have already created, navigate to the job, click on the “Actions” dropdown, and choose “Duplicate Job.” This opens up the Create Job form with all of the data from the previous job pre-populated and available for you to edit.
- How do I close a job?
When you have received enough applicants for a position or would like to close your job at any point, click into the job, and then click on the “Open” dropdown below the title of the job. Select to either close or archive the job by clicking on “Close Job” or “Archive Job.”
Closing the job removes associated job postings for that position wherever possible and prevents new applicants from applying to the position. Closing your job removes your listing from the majority of the job boards, though some may keep the listing open for a full 30 days. You might want to remove the Candidate Email Notifications (go to Admin Tools > My Profile) if you do not wish to receive additional email alerts for new candidates. NOTE: You can reopen a job at any time.
- What is the difference between Closing and Archiving a job?
Closing and Archiving jobs are similar in that, wherever possible, both actions remove any associated job postings from the job boards, thereby stopping the flow of new candidates. You can control the list of jobs that you see on the My Jobs page by selecting the desired job statuses in the “Status” filter on the left side of the page.
- We generally recommend that you “Close” a job when you have enough applicants but are still in the process of reviewing, screening, and interviewing them.
- “Archive” a job once you have made a hire for the position and are no longer working with applicants for the position.
- How do I post (auto-publish) a job to my social networks?
You can auto-publish every job to Facebook and LinkedIn. In the “My Jobs” tab, go to the “Free Sourcing Options” area where the LinkedIn and Facebook icons are displayed. Click on “Manage Schedule” to schedule and post the job to your LinkedIn and Facebook networks. On the right-hand side of each row, click on “Promote Job” to promote the job on those two social networks. (Note: You must “Connect” your social networks to MightyRecruiter to auto-publish social posts according to the schedule of your choice. Set this up, click on the “Admin Tools” tab and scroll down to “Integrations” and click on the “Social Posting” window pane.)
- What are the job content guidelines (Free Board Network Distribution)?
In order for your job to be distributed to the MightyRecruiter Network, it must pass our in-house content approval process. This process is in place both to help follow guidelines set by our various job board partners and to ensure that only high-quality job content is being posted online. Job Content Requirements:
- No “training course,” “business opportunity,” or product/service advertisements in job content
- Clear job titles and detailed job descriptions
- No jobs with self-employment in the description
- No commission-only salaries
- Location must be specified
- No MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) jobs
- No jobs that require the purchase of materials before hiring
- No offensive content
- Pipeline jobs are OK; however, leads must only be used for employment opportunities v
Job Content Suggestions:
- Provide job requirements and preferred experience to help improve search results
- Use keywords in your job content to improve search results.
- Avoid including extra words or Job IDs in Job Title, as they negatively affect search results (e.g., “Sales Representative #9929” vs. “Sales Representative”).
For recommendations on how to write a Winning Job Description, see our Infographic, “7 Essential Ingredients of a Winning Job Description.”
- How do I send new job postings to employees for referrals?
In the “My Jobs” tab, click of the individual job of interest, scroll to the “Free Sourcing Options” section, and click on the “Get Referrals” button on the “Employee Referrals” line. This opens a “Create a Referral E-mail Request” window. You can specify the recipients to whom you want to send the referral email. You can customize the email subject as well as the message. Click on the “Send” button at the bottom of the pop-up window, and the customized email with a trackable URL to the job posting will go out to the designated employees in the “Recipient” line. (Note: You can even send out multiple job postings in the one email communication by clicking the “+ Add Jobs” tab in the upper right-hand corner of the pop-up window.)