A business teacher usually works at the post-secondary level for a community college, university or other higher education institution. This type of teacher focuses on creating curriculum and lesson plans that teach students about various business topics, such as marketing, human resources and accounting.
In creating a business teacher job description, you want to highlight that candidates need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, expert knowledge of business topics and the ability to teach them to others are essential to this career.
A proper educational background and experience may also be required of those applying for the position. As you create your job ad, consider the business teacher job description template below for assistance.
Business Teacher Job Summary
If you have a passion for business, you might be the perfect fit for our business teacher opening. We are a medium-sized community college with a focus on providing the highest quality education possible. Our teachers are well-respected in their fields, so we are looking for someone who has a strong business background. In addition, you need to be committed to helping students understand even the most challenging topics. We encourage the use of innovative teaching techniques and methods, along with unconventional assessments, and never hold our teachers back from using creativity in their teaching. If you want to really change lives and make an impact, you could be just the kind of person we are looking for.
- Create lesson plans, assignments, assessments and class lectures on various business topics, such as business law, management and business ethics
- Lead classes in discussions, projects and research to learn more about the topics being taught and to provide a well-rounded education
- Grade and evaluate students’ work, tests and projects to determine the level of comprehension and understanding of the topics taught
- Maintain student records in accordance with school policies
- Conduct research or commit to continuing education in order to maintain a current understanding of the field and any new developments in the field
- Work with other faculty members to coordinate and develop the department of business within the school and with faculty outside the business department as needed
- Participate in student orientation and recruitment through school and community events throughout the year as requested by administration
- Meet with students as needed to discuss career plans, current standing in the program or to assist with academic issues or concerns
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or administration
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience working as a business professional
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Must have any state required licenses or certifications
- A passion for educating others
- Master’s degree in management or administration
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level
Putting together a polished, professional business teacher job description is a great start to filling your open position. However, it isn’t the final step. You now need to find a way to get that description in front of people so they can read it and respond. Your first moves should be posting it to your website and social media pages.
Then, you need to get it on job boards. Posting to each board, though, is a very tedious process that can take a lot of time if you do it one by one. Instead, get the help of MightyRecruiter and post jobs for free across hundreds of boards at one time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter