Tile setters are responsible for installing tiles. They cut tiles using several different tools, including tile scribes, wet saws and handheld tile cutters. They then lay tiles in evenly spread mortar, ensuring precision, clean edges and straight lines. Other duties include removing existing floor coverings, taking measurements and cleaning and leveling the surfaces where the tiles are to be laid.
On your tile setter job description, you need to highlight important qualities. For example, it is essential that tile setters are detail oriented in planning and laying tiles on floors. Their measurements must be accurate and tile patterns must be precise.
Additionally, tile setters need to have good physical strength and stamina to be able to lift heavy materials and tools. These professionals must also have the proper endurance to kneel or stand for hours at a time. Use the tile setter job description template below when getting started.
Tile Setter Job Summary
Are you searching for a position that will allow you to work with your hands and put your skills to use? Then you would be an excellent fit as a tile setter with our renovation company. In this position, you will get to set tiles of various materials in patterns ranging from basic to complex in rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms. Through on-the-job training, you will work with our experienced tile setters to learn the ins and outs of the trade and how to properly lay tiles in many different applications. You will also have the opportunity to work with our valued customers and utilize your outstanding customer service abilities. We highly value all our team members and reward dedication and hard work with the opportunity to advance.
- Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools
- Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise
- Cut, install, polish and surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during the installation process for lasting results
- Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly
- Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms
- Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles
- Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Willingness to complete on-the-job training
- Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience setting tiles
- Carpentry and renovation experience a plus
A thorough and carefully-crafted job description is crucial when it comes to attracting talented and enthusiastic candidates. Once you have successfully written your tile setter job description that includes all the necessary information, it’s time to decide where to post it. You will want it to be easily accessible by potential candidates, so taking to the internet is essential. Utilize your company website and social networks, as well as referrals from your employees.
In addition to the mentioned methods, you should also post your description to online job boards that are frequently visited by job seekers. There are many job boards to post to, and the process can be time consuming. Up your efficiency by utilizing MightyRecruiter to post to hundreds of job boards for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter