Inside sales employees have many day-to-day responsibilities including working from a designated list to contact customers and educate them about product offerings, finding solutions to customer problems, issuing refunds or processing complaints and following up with customers to guarantee their satisfaction. They also document all interactions in a secure portal and maintain an organized and clean workspace.
In your inside sales job description, encourage candidates to possess such skills as self-confidence and customer service. Successful sales people are able to communicate effectively, negotiate, mediate conflict, maintain an objective, have a professional and friendly demeanor and be able to learn about new products quickly.
Decision-making skills are also crucial to make independent choices regarding customers’ needs without having to consult a superior every time. This inside sales job description demonstrates other valuable information you could incorporate into your posting.
Inside Sales Job Summary
As an inside sales representative, you will be part of an energetic team of professionals who are committed to educating customers and providing superior service. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of people and learn about a group of unique products to inform customers of specifications including price, usage and complementary merchandise. We value our sales force and will be coming to you for ideas regarding product improvements, marketing strategies and sales tactics. If you are someone who enjoys working with people, is friendly and outgoing and committed to making a difference, then this job could be the perfect fit for you.
- Participate in lead generation strategies, such as cold calling, to identify business prospects and create a list of potential customers
- Utilize designated resources to contact customers and gauge their interest in obtaining products or services offered by the company, analyze each individual and make product recommendations based on a need or problem to be solved
- Mediate conflict in situations where customers are disgruntled or seeking recompense, and provide solutions that reestablish credibility and maintain business but effectively benefit the customer
- Maintain a log of which customers have been contacted, the outcome of each interaction and issues that need to be flagged for follow up
- Proactively follow up with customers to get their feedback, guarantee their satisfaction and develop ideas for pitch modification to more successfully advertise products
- Collaborate with professionals from other departments to identify improvements to product offerings, sales education, marketing strategies and other business-related topics
- Encourage team members to be productive, friendly, professional and integrity-driven by maintaining a positive demeanor and objective approach to customer conflict
- Uphold standards of self-motivation, time management and productivity, and maintain a workspace that is clean, organized and professional
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively
- 1-3 years of experience working in customer service
- Familiarity with negotiation, upselling and other sales tactics
Creating a marketable and memorable inside sales job description is only the first step in the recruiting process. The next step, posting your advertisement, has to be completed carefully and with thought and attention. It is imperative that the channels you choose support your initiative and allow you accessibility to the kinds of candidates you are looking for. Resources including social media, referral programs, company website postings and even job fair participation are all valuable options to consider.
You can expedite the process of finding qualified applicants by choosing to use online job boards. With sophisticated filtering settings, candidates can quickly narrow their choices to find your posting in a matter of minutes. Get started today with the help of MightyRecruiter and post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!