When you are in the midst of the hiring process, part of finding the right applicant to join your team involves writing a good job description. After all, you do not have hours to spend sorting through different applications to determine if someone is even qualified to fill the position. Ultimately, taking the time to write a good job description can save you time during the hiring process and help you find the best person for the open position.
Account Development Manager Job Description Sample
In order to help you put together a good job description for your upcoming employee search, we have crafted an account development manager job description sample for you to look over.
Account Development Manager Job Summary
You will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process, including starting sales, developing them, and then closing them. Once sales have been made, you will help your company generate profits by determining the potential of particular accounts. You will also work closely with our company’s head, our sales team, and our operations team to come up with sales strategies and new applications for our products.
Account Development Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Build relationships with new account representatives and determine if a new account has potential
- Determine what constitutes success with every account by analyzing different opportunities, interviewing account representatives and various company members, and studying current trends in the market
- Explain our product and service to potential clients during the initial sales presentation and introduce new services and products to current accounts
- Work closely with product engineering to develop new applications for specific products
- Address client concerns and prepare all necessary contracts in order to close sales with new clients
- Determine how well various products are performing, identify areas where improvement could be made, and keep an eye on competitive products in the market in order to improve sales strategies
- Participate in professional organizations, read market-related content, enhance professional networks, and undergo other personal development tasks in order to improve job skills
- Be open to identifying and following through with new opportunities that could enhance the sales department as well as the company as a whole
Account Development Manager Skills and Qualifications
- At least three years of experience working with clients and managing key relationships
- Experience in a sales-related position
- A reputation for taking initiative, setting goals, and getting things done
- The ability to manage several projects at one time and manage time accordingly
- A good understanding of different technical products
- The ability to focus on customers and ensure their satisfaction
Blue Technologies Marketing began its operations at the turn of the century and has since made its mark on the marketing industry. At our company, we aim to make a real difference in our industry and in the world while helping our employees accomplish their professional goals. We genuinely care about forming strong bonds and relationships with our client base that benefit our company, our customers, and those who work for us.
Account Development Manager Job Responsibilities
As you proceed with the creation of the job responsibilities section of your account development manager job description, work with the attitude that this information could attract the attention of the best-qualified jobseekers. The duties section should carry most of the weight of the job description, and it’s important that you choose account development manager job responsibilities that best define the position.
Format your duties using a bulleted list. Concise information is easy to review, so candidates can skim for expectations and daily tasks, making judgements about whether the job is a good fit. To boost the impact of this section, use action verbs to lead each duty. Choose a selection of 6-8 points unique to this position. For example, “initiate sales process” is a better addition to the job description than “answer phones and respond to emails.” The latter may be part of the job, but the former is much more descriptive regarding the position.
Review the following examples of additions to an effective account development manager job description:
- Identify potential in targeted accounts based on current business, customer interviews and analysis of opportunities
- Use initial presentations to develop increased sales, introducing new products and explaining any product improvements to customers
- Evaluate current products, identify needs and monitor competition
- Participate in ongoing education
Account Development Manager Job Specifications
An effective account development manager job description includes a job qualifications and skills section. This may be a short list of minimum requirements and preferred abilities, but it is one of the most important parts of the job description because it helps you determine who you should interview.
Carefully consider your selection of account development manager job specifications. Rather than create a long list, focus on those skills that will separate qualified candidates from those who would be a poor fit. For example, you may require that your future employee has a college degree; clearly list that condition so applicants who haven’t completed that level of education don’t apply. This can save you from spending precious time on applicants who aren’t appropriate for the position.
A great way to ensure the quality of this section is to work with the hiring committee or the direct supervisor of the account development manager. Ask about minimum requirements and preferred qualities. Divide this information into two separate sections so jobseekers know if they can apply without a specific qualification.
Consider the value of the following examples you could include in your account development manager job description:
- Ability to meet sales goals
- Superior teamwork and relationship building skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’ experience in client relationship management
- Experience in sales and operations, preferred
- Ability to identify customer needs
- Outstanding customer service skills