Account representatives can work in a variety of industries, from retail sales to healthcare. They are the first point of contact between the business and its customers. Most account representatives perform the majority of their job on the telephone or computer, but some work in a more on-site role. Account representatives answer questions, listen to customer difficulties and implement solutions to address those concerns.
The main job of an account representative is to positively interact with customers. A positive approach combined with excellent customer service skills is paramount, so when you write an account representative job description of your own, remember to include those skills.
Through active listening skills and positive interactions, skilled account representatives can make customers aware of additional services or products that may meet their needs. Check out this account representative job description template for more ideas on how to write your own.
Account Representative Job Summary
If you like making a positive difference and pride yourself on your stellar customer service skills, Alliant Health has a position for you as an account representative in our healthcare access department. Account representatives are the face of Alliant as they converse with customers via the phone, online chat or email. As a proactive problem solver, you will add value to customer interaction by anticipating their needs and providing additional resources to meet their concerns. Account representatives at Alliant work across departmental boundaries, referring customers to both billing and health coaching departments when appropriate. Our friendly team atmosphere is focused on customer satisfaction, and there are immediate opportunities, so apply today!
- Listen to customer concerns and answer questions regarding healthcare access and coverage while ensuring Alliant has the most up-to-date account information possible on customers and their families
- Research network healthcare providers and communicate this information to customers via telephone, online chat or email, providing additional information about Alliant services that can be a health management resource for the customer
- Listen to issues with providers or coverage and give proactive and positive solution options, documenting customer interactions in our Alliant database
- Comply with all federal and state rules and regulations regarding health insurance administration and medical records
- Work professionally with team members, management and customers at all times, utilizing both verbal and written communication
- Organize and prioritize workflow in a fast paced environment in order to meet or exceed goals for response timeliness and call length
- Refer customers to the billing department when appropriate and personally introduce customer to billing representative
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Commitment to customer service with excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word document production
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Previous experience in a healthcare industry customer service role
Now that you have written a great account representative job description, it is time to get the exposure it deserves on the job boards. It is an expectation to post your description on the company website, but will that give the posting the visibility it needs to generate a high volume of qualified candidates?
With the number of diverse types of job boards online, it can be hard to pick even a few that would be the best to post on. Solve this dilemma and post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards at once by using MightyRecruiter, and watch the number of qualified applicants soar for your position.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter