If you are struggling to attract the top candidates for a position at your company, you may want to step back and reevaluate your job description. The process of recruiting and hiring can get stressful, but it’s only made worse by lackluster jobs descriptions that garner a flood of unqualified applications. How do you cut these out and replace them with resumes from quality talent? Improving your job descriptions can have a big impact on both the quality and number of your applicants. In some ways, the job description that you post is to candidates as their resume is to you. It is the first impression they will have of your company, so if you want to appeal to the crème of the crop, you should review the following Accountant general Job Description sample for some inspiration and guidance.
Accountant General Job Description Sample
Below you will find a Accountant General job description sample to help you get an idea of guidelines to follow.
Accountant General Job Summary
As an accountant general, you’ll be tasked with managing account entries, documents, payments and finances for the company. You may supervise administrative and other accounting staff, but your primary responsibility is handing and recording internal financial transactions as well as financial transaction with the company’s clients and affiliates.
Accountant General Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report to management regarding financial activity of the company
- Analyze and implement possible accounting solutions for discrepancies
- Become familiar with and follow internal guidelines for the position
- Makes and documents the company’s payments
- Works as part of the accounting department to keep finances running smoothly
- Displays excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Works in compliance with any and all city, state and federal laws regarding accounting
- Continues education and training in order to maintain mastery of the field
- Keep documentation of all internal transactions
- Interacts with clients and manages their transactions, too
Accountant General Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA certification
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Proven track record of success
- Familiarity with corporate finance
- Must be local or willing to relocate
Standard Service Firm was established in 2009 to better understand and meet the needs of local businesses. We began operations in an attempt to provide top quality products for our clients and back those products with fantastic customer service from a team of dedicated and passionate individuals. We now serve over 14 regions and have been rated one of the top B2B suppliers in the nation. Our employees are a central part of our success, and as such, we aim to create an environment that fosters individual growth as much as commercial profit. We offer a competitive yet team-driven atmosphere where everybody is expected to contribute equally, and everybody is rewarded for doing so.
Accountant General Job Responsibilities
In order to give potential candidates an accurate picture of expectations upon hiring, it is important to make the job responsibilities section of your accountant general job description strong. This will help you attract the type of candidates you’re looking for and discourage anyone unqualified from applying.
There are several things you can do to make sure your accountant general job description has a well-written job responsibilities section. Using bullet points to list your information can make it more clear and easy for readers to follow. By beginning each bullet with an action verb, you can help candidates visualize themselves performing the duties you listed. To keep this section from being intimidating to potential applicants, keep your list at 6-8 bullet points.
Here are some examples of accountant general job responsibilities to help you as you write your job description:
- Scrutinize financial statements for accuracy and to make sure they comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Review account books and examine accounting systems to ensure they are efficient and follow all accounting procedures mandated by the company and the government
- Evaluate financial operations and advise management on ways to improve practices and procedures
- Maintain accurate and precise financial records and keep them organized according to company standards
Accountant General Job Specifications
While your accountant general job description needs to have a concise qualifications and skills section, you also need to make sure it is written in a way that attracts your ideal candidates. By taking time to think through exactly what type of candidates you want to apply, you can choose your words wisely and make the most of this short section.
If you want applicants to have specific technical skills, a certain level of education or other unique particular qualification, it must be mentioned in your accountant general job description. Most readers assume the skills listed in this section are requirements for the position, so omitting any important prerequisites can lead to a pile of unqualified candidates. On the flip side, including criteria that would be helpful but is not necessary might hinder potentially beneficial candidates from applying. To keep this from happening, it may be helpful to make a list of accountant general job specifications that are necessary and a separate list of those that are simply preferred.
Look at these example job specifications for an accountant general to get an idea of how to write your own:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Internal Auditing or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant with three years of experience in a relevant field
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and honest