As an employer seeking qualified talent for your organization, you need to make sure your manager job descriptions stand out. Although there is no shortage of qualified talent out there, a poorly written job description won’t get their attention. Since the job description is often the first point of interest for many job seekers, it is important to create one that stands out to attract the right professionals for the job. Writing a good accounting manager job description sample now can save your organization time, money and resources during the recruitment process.
Accounting Manager Job Description Sample
Check out the accounting manager job description sample below and use it as a guideline to follow when creating your own accounting manager job description.
Accounting Manager Job Summary
You are responsible for financial reporting in various areas. You will develop and maintain accounting practices and procedures to ensure that all financial documents are accurate in a timely manner. You may oversee staff and be responsible for ensuring that all work is distributed and completed in an accurate and timely manner. You will also develop and implement processes that facilitate collection, verifying, and reporting of all financial data.
Accounting Manage Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all financial data.
- Actively recruit train, assign, counsel and supervise employees.
- Communicate and enforce expectations, job duties, policies and procedures.
- Meets and exceeds accounting and financial objectives by using forecasting tools.
- Monitors revenue and expenses while coordinating collection, consolidation and review of all financial data.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports on expenditures and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Advise staff on the handling of routine and non-routine financial reporting transactions.
- Collaborates with other financial staff to support and enable department to meet overall goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures to enhance the workflow and productivity of the department.
- Regulates internal controls to maintain financial security.
- Protects company’s privacy, integrity and value by keeping information confidential.
- Uses educational and professional resources to enhance knowledge and skillset.
- Achieves accounting and company goals and mission.
Accounting Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years supervisory experience in financial reporting
- Prior experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, standards, regulations, laws and practices.
- High attention to details
- Advanced computer skills an proficiency in MS Office Suite, accounting databases and software
Mores Money was founded in 2000 and is an accounting and financial company based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We offer a broad range of services to better serve the needs of our clientele. We encourage personal and professional growth to enhance our core values. Our purpose is to be an industry leader while instilling our employees with the passion to make a difference in the world. We continually strive to improve our clients financial integrity.
What to Include in an Accounting Manager Job Description
When writing a job description, you need to keep sight of the type of individual you are looking for. What information do you feel candidates should have upfront? What information do you want to leave for the interview? Do you know what keywords to use and how to use them in your job ads? These are some of the questions you should be able to answer before you start writing.
Job Responsibilities – It is important for you to be clear and direct when writing about job responsibilities that are specific to the position. Identify several major responsibilities and describe them clearly and concisely. Avoid using corporate jargon and be sure to add some personality to appeal to the emotions of job seekers.
Job Summary – The summary is a primary source of interest so make sure it creates a favorable impression with job seekers. Describe the position using words that elicit a positive response. Keep it short and avoid using confusing language. Add a sense of urgency to motivate candidates to respond now.
Skills and Requirements – Keep in mind that you will attract what you ask for so be specific and clear in the requirements. Make a list of at least 15 must have skills and requirements candidates should meet and use half of them when writing your job requirements section. Rank them by importance and frequency. Keep in mind that some skills and experience can be picked up on the job.
Company Profile – Make sure candidates know what it is your company does, what it offers and why it is so important to its industry. Make known any achievements, awards and accolades it has earned. Job seekers want to make a difference, and many are seeking opportunities with employers who are making an impact in their local community and in the world. Give your company a personality and tell candidates about it, what its goals are and how it plans to achieve them. This is where you need to make your company stand out from all others to encourage job seekers to join the team.
A well-written Accounting Manager job description is not only concise, but it is personable and inviting. It appeals to jobseekers and encourages them to apply.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Things to Keep in Mind When Writing an Accounting Manager Job Description
After you have written you job description, take the following steps to ensure that it is done right.
• Know what you want before you start writing.
• Keep all information short and concise.
• Avoid fluff and confusing words and language.
• Use a small amount of targeted keywords to help your job descriptions to gain visibility.
• Focus job descriptions on the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Sell the company to create a great first impression.
• Encourage job seekers to apply.
• Keep the focus on job candidates so they will feel important.
• Explain how each responsibility contributes to the overall success of the organization in job description.
The easier your application and resume submission processes are the easier it will be for job candidates to apply. By creating an Accounting Manager job description that appeals to the emotions and interests of candidates in a factual way, you can improve your chances of success when recruiting elite talent.