As an employer seeking qualified talent for your organization, you need to make sure your manager job descriptions stand out. Although there is no shortage of qualified talent out there, a poorly written job description won’t get their attention. Since the job description is often the first point of interest for many job seekers, it is important to create one that stands out to attract the right professionals for the job. Writing a good accounting manager job description sample now can save your organization time, money and resources during the recruitment process.
Accounting Manager Job Description Sample
Check out the accounting manager job description sample below and use it as a guideline to follow when creating your own accounting manager job description.
Accounting Manager Job Summary
You are responsible for financial reporting in various areas. You will develop and maintain accounting practices and procedures to ensure that all financial documents are accurate in a timely manner. You may oversee staff and be responsible for ensuring that all work is distributed and completed in an accurate and timely manner. You will also develop and implement processes that facilitate collection, verifying, and reporting of all financial data.
Accounting Manage Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all financial data.
- Actively recruit train, assign, counsel and supervise employees.
- Communicate and enforce expectations, job duties, policies and procedures.
- Meets and exceeds accounting and financial objectives by using forecasting tools.
- Monitors revenue and expenses while coordinating collection, consolidation and review of all financial data.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports on expenditures and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Advise staff on the handling of routine and non-routine financial reporting transactions.
- Collaborates with other financial staff to support and enable department to meet overall goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures to enhance the workflow and productivity of the department.
- Regulates internal controls to maintain financial security.
- Protects company’s privacy, integrity and value by keeping information confidential.
- Uses educational and professional resources to enhance knowledge and skillset.
- Achieves accounting and company goals and mission.
Accounting Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years supervisory experience in financial reporting
- Prior experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, standards, regulations, laws and practices.
- High attention to details
- Advanced computer skills an proficiency in MS Office Suite, accounting databases and software
Mores Money was founded in 2000 and is an accounting and financial company based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We offer a broad range of services to better serve the needs of our clientele. We encourage personal and professional growth to enhance our core values. Our purpose is to be an industry leader while instilling our employees with the passion to make a difference in the world. We continually strive to improve our clients financial integrity.
Accounting Manager Job Responsibilities
Jobseekers will encounter the responsibilities section of your accounting manager job description first. To entice the right candidates for your position, your description should provide plenty of information about the tasks and duties required of this person on a daily basis.
While serving as a significant component of your job posting, the accounting manager job responsibilities segment of your job description also needs to be simple to read. As you write this section, be sure to observe some key best practices. That means steering clear of unnecessary and excessive details, and sticking to the most essential job tasks. Also, make sure you format your list using bullet-pointed statements. Moreover, employ dynamic action verbs to impart a clear picture of what your desired candidate will do once he or she is hired. Following these suggestions will enhance the clarity of your accounting manager job description and visually emphasize your content.
- Direct and monitor the accounting division’s daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly operations
- Collect and analyze financial data to produce statements and forecasts
- Create, implement and communicate best practices, methods and principles for the department
- Schedule and oversee annual auditing processes
- Conduct training, coaching and performance reviews for accounting division staff
Accounting Manager Job Specifications
You might think that composing the job skills and qualifications section of your accounting manager job description is easy. Although it’s the shortest segment of your posting, you should ensure that it’s crafted to adequately convey the skills, education credentials and work experience you desire for your new hire. Besides spelling out the qualifications your ideal applicant must possess to succeed in the role, it should also aid in weeding out candidates who do not fit the bill.
Before creating this segment of the accounting manager job description, confer with the position’s direct supervisor or hiring manager. You’ll require his or her advice and input to construct a list of skillsets, schooling and expertise. Be sure to find out which requirements are required and which ones can safely go on the preferred list, as you’ll need to specify each category separately in the job posting.
If you get stuck, look at these sample accounting manager job specifications for suggestions:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or relevant discipline
- Exemplary computer skills including Microsoft Office, accounting software and database applications
- Strong analytical, organizational and data manipulation skills
- Expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, tax regulations and laws
- Exceptional attention to detail