Accounts payable personnel specialize in recording, organizing and paying bills that are owed by the organization they work for. Usual tasks include posting transaction details in accounting software, assuring all revolving accounts are up to date and coding financial documents.
In your own job listing for an accounts payable job description, make sure to mention you are looking for a detail-oriented person to fill the position. Employees in accounts payable positions need to look at every detail in the financial records to make sure they are accurate.
Accounts payable personnel also need to be knowledgeable about and efficient with financial computer software. Refer to this accounts payable job description template for more information regarding writing a professional job description.
Accounts Payable Job Summary
Do you enjoy keeping track of financial details and keeping them confidential while working in a positive and fast-paced environment? If you do, we have an accounts payable clerk position for you! We are looking for a person to support our accounting department with their high volume of accounting tasks in order to ensure efficient and timely processing of all transactions with our vendors. You will be interacting with personnel from all over the corporation, and you will be able to use your math and computer spreadsheet skills at the same time. Within our supportive corporate environment, there are many opportunities to advance in your career.
- Receive invoices from vendors, review and then process them, using accounting software and standard company procedures to document purchases to assure maximum consistency of the information
- Perform all coding tasks, purchase order generation and requisition deliveries according to company purchasing policies so that accurate automated reports can be extracted from the information
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality with all job tasks in order to safeguard company knowledge and resource suppliers as well as industry positioning
- Assist accountants by completing accounts payable tasks to support check runs, periodic projects such as month end reconciliation, spending analyses and audits
- Analyze discrepancies with invoices and research information to discover the source of the problem, making sure all disbursements are correct and suggesting procedure changes so the problem is unlikely to happen again
- Utilize clear and professional communication in the course of performing job duties
- Exercise integrity and transparency in financial documentation, reporting other personnel if there is a suspicion of fund misappropriation
Job Skills & Qualifications
- A high school diploma
- Strong basic mathematical skills
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to fully address accounts payable issues
- An associate degree or a certificate in business accounting
- Prior experience in an accounts payable department
Now that you have figured out your ideal prospective employee’s job responsibilities and have written your own accounts payable job description, it is time to get it posted. In addition to putting it up on your company’s official website and suitable social media accounts, online job boards are a popular way to find jobseekers. However, it can be hard to determine which boards to post on because so many claim to be able to reach a wide range of prospective applicants.
Some job boards may have a broad reach but attract few jobseekers that qualify for your position. Usually, posting an open position on just a few job boards takes a huge amount of time. For more efficiency, use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards at once to make the maximum impact with your job listing.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter