Your accounts receivable department is vital to your operations, because receivables specialists do the work of collecting, processing and recording payments and other financial transactions. When you are getting ready to write an accounts receivable specialist job description, you want to make sure you emphasize the opportunities you can provide for the right candidate.
While you are sharpening the copy to appeal to applicants, you also want to make sure it is clear about the skills and core traits you value in an applicant. These specialists should be familiar with the necessary software and have an associate’s degree or better in the field.
By making it clear that you need detail-oriented people to make their own professional schedules to deliver the reports you need on time, you can empower applicants. That allows you to write the accounts receivable specialist job description that brings you the right candidate.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Job Summary
Our organization is looking for an accounts receivable specialist to handle the processing of all incoming and outgoing payments. You will deliver monthly and quarterly reports on revenues while building customer relationships that tighten payment times through positive outreach. Because we value experience, you will have the opportunity to create your own schedule to reach the core goals and turn over deliverables on time, making this a very flexible position for those who can hit the delivery deadlines every time. If you are precise and organized professional seeking the flexibility to work from home, this position could be an ideal fit, and there is room to grow into a leader as our operation expands and additional specialists are needed.
- Use accounting software to coordinate all bookkeeping and reports for the company, delivering reports in an accessible file format but maintaining detailed records in standard financial management software
- Check all figures, postings and entries for accuracy, including those entered by the specialist and data entered by clerks or contractors
- Record, classify and summarize all records to deliver monthly and quarterly reports in a timely manner
- Oversee the submission of all expense and earnings reports to the tax accountants and their support specialists in time for quarterly tax processing
- Calculate all debits, credits and account totals within specialized accounting software on an ongoing basis to maintain accurate records
- Code all documents according to company procedures to make them accessible and easy to index throughout the organization’s IT infrastructure
- Match all order forms, invoices, requisitions and receipts to properly record all transactions and to provide the verification necessary for follow-through in other duties
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 3 years of experience in an accounts receivable department
- An associate’s degree in a business-related field
- Knowledge of financial management software
- Certified Public Accountant status
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 years of experience in an accounts receivable department
Putting together your best and sharpest accounts receivable specialist job description is a great start, but it is just the first step toward finding the right candidate. Next, you need to make sure that job ad is seen. To do that, you need to get it out to readers.
Social media and online job boards can be a great way to build a bigger audience, especially if you are trying to attract the best and the brightest. That is why you need to make a plan that involves posting to job boards for the right professional communities. MightyRecruiter gives you the tools to do that efficiently when you use it to create free job postings that go out to hundreds of job boards in the community.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter