Before writing an administrative services manager job description, you need to have a solid understanding of the job. The general responsibilities are usually supervising administrative office operations. Administrative services managers order office supplies, record information, develop company procedures, follow budgets, plan maintenance and repair for office equipment and supervise the office staff.
As you picture the perfect candidate for this job, consider some of the qualities that make a great administrative services manager. It’s helpful to have a college degree in business to do well in this role. It’s also important to have experience supervising others or managing a department to succeed here.
Employers looking for the perfect candidate should also consider other essential attributes in their job description. Someone with experience working in an office setting or in supply could be ready for this job. Before you start writing, consult the administrative services manager job description below.
Administrative Services Manager Job Summary
Are you looking for a place in a company where you can put your amazing leadership skills and top planning abilities to use? Are you highly organized and always looking to improve procedures to make you and your colleagues more efficient? If so, consider joining our team as an administrative services manager. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is able to support our company by overseeing the administrative department in the front office. You will be the go-to person for making sure everything is running smoothly at the front office so our organization can continue to grow and make an impact.
- Lead the office staff in the administrative services department of our company by writing the weekly schedule, supervising work tasks and providing guidance to individual administrative employees
- Analyze office operations each week by preparing reports that detail task completion and resource usage and making changes when necessary
- Motivate the administrative staff by creating monthly goals for productivity and efficiency and reviewing goals periodically for completion
- Oversee the office supply ordering process by reviewing stock each day, ordering materials when needed and organizing supplies as they come in
- Review standard operating procedures for the administrative office and develop new policies as needed to help improve company performance
- Train new office staff hires by reviewing company expectations, having new staff shadow an experienced employee and evaluating task performance as they take on new responsibilities
- Communicate with upper management and other department heads each month with updates about new office policies and challenges in the administrative sector
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or a related subject
- Experience working in an office setting
- Proven record of results in a supervisory role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Experience ordering office supplies
- Background in training, coaching or tutoring
Writing an effective administrative services manager job description is only the first part of finding a great person to join your team. The next thing to focus on is spreading the word about your new job opening so the best people are able to find your job posting and are motivated to apply.
Posting a job online can help you find potential candidates, and there are lots of ways to do this. Most companies share their job postings via their company website, through industry job boards and on social media. These methods may get a handful of job candidates, but if you want to reach an even larger pool of talent, you’ll need something more powerful. It’s easy to get more visibility by posting your job description to hundreds of popular job boards using MightyRecruiter, which can help you post jobs for free in one easy step.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter