Did you know that a well-written job description can attract qualified candidates while sending away the more unqualified? When you clearly define the responsibilities of the position and the values of the company, you are more likely to attract people who are actually interested in the position. That means that if you take the time to craft a quality position explanation, you will likely have an easier time filling the open spot. You can use the following Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital job description sample to get a better idea of the elements, language and format you should use in your own job post.
Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital Job Summary
As Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital, you will be expected to support the Director of Nursing by managing the staff, communicating with patients and identifying new trends in nursing care. You will work closely alongside nurses, the Director of Nursing, other hospital staff and patients and their families.
Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital Job Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with other hospitals, nursing facilities and long-term care facilities to ensure best results for patients
- Hire and train nursing staff to ensure compliance with healthcare standards
- Lead and motivate the team to meet the healthcare standards by praising and disciplining when necessary
- Answer questions of the patients and their families, so everyone can be comfortable with the new situation
- Encourage innovation and collaboration to create a work environment of the highest standards
- Develop plans and programs to improve the quality of care
- Collaborate with financial advisors to prepare financial budget that will meet the nursing services’ financial objectives
- Keep detailed records to ensure proper care is given to each patient
- Enforce confidentiality rules for privacy of every patient
Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital Job Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Health Services, Gerontology or similar field
- Prior experience in gerontology or similar healthcare field
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with doctors, nurses, patients and their families
- Strong knowledge of proper patient care practices
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Technical knowledge of electronic health record (EHR) systems and other applicable computer software
Perfect Timing Healthcare is a division of Louie’s Hospital that has been assisting patients in moving to nursing facilities, hospices, senior living centers and long-term care facilities since 1999. We strive to help both the patients and their families feel comfortable with the move by placing a special emphasis on communication and a caring environment. Patients across the county come to use to help them find the perfect senior living situation in the state.
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- The Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital job description sample above is a great example of the type of information you should try to include in your own job explanation. However, there isn’t always an outline available when you sit down to write your own description. You need to be aware of some of the best practice related to writing this type of post. This way you will be able to write the description the right way the first time.
- Use a reader-friendly format that includes headers, bullets and short paragraphs. This will make the post easier to read for those busy applicants.
- Work with current employees to make the job description as specific as possible. Being transparent about the requirements and responsibilities can help you only get qualified applicants.
- Show off your company’s personality and culture in the profile section. This will make your business a more appealing opportunity than a dull or unknown entity.
- Always include specific contact information. If the talent has to guess at how to apply, they are less likely to make the move.
- Use a call to action to encourage application. A simple phrase, like “email your application or questions to the hiring manager,” is all you need.
- Include specific salary and benefit information if it is okay with your company. Showing this information can make your post more competitive.
- You can include information about who they will report to, the workers that will be below them and the like to clearly indicate the hierarchy of the department they’re going to join.
- Use action-based language to make the post more engaging. This type of language can also help you keep the entire description on point.
- Include keywords throughout the post and one or two in the title. This will help your description show up on search engines.
Writing a solid job description is a good way to hone your hiring process. Sometimes you may need more help than an Admissions Director of Nursing job description sample. Visit MightyRecruiter to find more tools, articles and resources that can help you make all-star hires and improve your business.
Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital Job Responsibilities
It is important to set aside time to write a thorough and accurate admissions director of nursing hospital job description. What this does is help applicants quickly determine if the role is a fit for their interests and skills. The admissions director of nursing hospital job responsibilities should portray both the high-level managerial tasks as well as key day-to-day activities.
One goal is to make the description readable on multiple devices, and every word counts. Bullet points help busy jobseekers understand the role’s responsibilities. Use action verbs as the first word in each point to draw applicants to the realities of the job, and ideally, use 6-8 items to outline the essential tasks and duties.
Feel free to use the admissions director of nursing hospital job description as a sample for your organization’s recruiting needs.
- Oversee intake of new patients and verify resources are available to manage care
- Stay abreast of any regulatory changes, and ensure the technology meets any new requirements
- Supervise associates in the admissions department
- Prepare reports about admissions activity for the executive team
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to maintain sufficient supplies for patient intake
- Engage insurance vendors, community organizations and other businesses to increase referrals
Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital Job Specifications
With director level roles, it is important to translate the organization’s priorities as part of the admissions director of nursing hospital job description. Managing hospital intake for new patients requires significant experience in a medical setting as well as specific education. It is important to let potential job applicants know if they need familiarity with a particular patient population or in a hospital setting. Also, include any certifications or clinical specialty preferences in the qualifications and skills section.
Before writing this section, make sure to meet with the hospital board or executive team to understand how the admissions director of nursing hospital job description can communicate larger organizational goals. After this meeting, craft a list that outlines the required and preferred qualifications a candidate should have. Draw attention to any regulatory or technological skills that are useful for the position.
Review these sample admissions director of nursing hospital job specifications, and use them to generate your list.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or healthcare administration; master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing an admissions department at a nursing hospital
- Demonstrated experience with managing technology implementations that address regulatory changes
- Excellent grasp of current medical regulations and patient intake technology
- Ability to use active listening skills and prioritize multiple tasks
- A calm and friendly demeanor when interacting with medical staff, patients and families