A stellar job description is crucial to finding the right candidate for the job. As a hiring professional, it is your responsibility to implement practices that will ensure your time is used efficiently. To prevent yourself from having to weed through countless resumes in an effort to find the best individual for the job, you should start off by creating an Admissions Manager Hospital Job description sample that clearly outlines the position in detail so there is no confusion. This will also help to reduce the amount of unqualified and uninterested candidates who apply for the job so you can save time and find the best candidate much faster.
Admissions Manager Hospital Job Description Sample
To enable you to make the best hiring decision, here is an Admissions Manager Hospital Job description sample for you to use.
Admissions Manager Hospital Job Summary
You will be tasked with overseeing every aspect of the patient admissions process to improve revenue, the quality of patient care and department support while managing admission department nurses and staff. You’ll work closely with nursing staff, patients and doctors to make the admissions and transfer process more efficient.
Admissions Manager Hospital Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in recruiting, training, mentoring, coaching and management of new and current admissions nursing staff, while enforcing policies and proper protocol
- Ensures patients are admitted in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Provides case management services
- Develops and achieves departmental goals and objectives by gathering patient, demographic, insurance and financial information
- Prepares budgets to enable admissions department to meet financial goals, keeps track of expenditure and beds and enforces corrective action when necessary
- Manages bed availability and occupancy to maximize bed occupancy and patient traffic according to hospital and federal regulations and guidelines
- Reduces admissions conflicts and discrepancies by collaborating with physicians and assigns beds according to priority
- Performs regular audits to ensure proper handling and accuracy of all patient data to ensure revenue for hospital
- Communicates with patients, their families, proxies and admitting staff to ensure rules, regulations and procedures are followed
- Improves delivery of patient care by integrating admissions procedures with other care staff, including working with various hospital departments
- Adheres to and upholds local, state, federal and JCAHO policies to protect the organization
- Continuously works to achieve hospital goals. Accepts ownership for actions and decisions, accomplishments and actively explores new opportunities on the job to enhance skills and knowledge
Admissions Manager Hospital Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2-5 years management experience in a healthcare setting
- Currently licensed as an R.N.
- Thorough understanding of Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards
- Excellent multitasking and critical thinking skills
WeCare is a Louisville based healthcare organization. As one of the nation’s leading hospitals, we are comprised of 100 hospitals and 50 surgical centers across the United States. We strive to improve the quality and care of human life by delivering high-quality and cost-effective healthcare treatment and services in the communities we serve. WeCare puts patients first and strives to ensure patient safety by providing the highest quality of care possible. We continuously seek to provide local communities with a wide array of healthcare services in state-of-the-art facilities.
Want to use this job description?
Admissions Manager Hospital Job Responsibilities
For the most part, hiring managers do not want to have any more than eight admissions manager hospital job responsibilities on a description for an open position. The reason is that jobseekers should have no problem reading through the listing in about a minute. You want to keep everything short and sweet. After considering the position heavily, you may realize there are more than eight tasks the employee would need to do on a regular basis. There are a few tricks for limiting the list.
First, the admissions manager hospital job description should contain tasks that are critical to the proper functioning of the business or sound exciting. You want people to envision themselves in the role and become ecstatic at the prospect of working for your organization. You can also focus on tasks where the person makes decisions. Jobseekers should feel as though they will have a large role at the company rather than feel as if they will become lost in the shuffle.
Typical tasks you could list on an admissions manager hospital job description include
- Manage hospital’s admissions systems while coordinating with the admissions coordinator
- Discuss challenges and market trends with the Director of Nursing
- Conduct sales calls to community leaders and other healthcare professionals
- Develop strong rapport between the medical center and the community
Admissions Manager Hospital Job Specifications
Listing out required job skills may seem simple enough, but it is an important aspect of the admissions manager hospital job description. Jobseekers should be able to look at their resumes and then at the job listing to determine if they possess the basic qualifications needed to succeed at this job. When hiring managers write this section successfully, they should be confident all the resumes they receive are from people who know how to do the job and will require little on-site training.
If you have any doubts about the admissions manager hospital job specifications section you came up with, talk to people who currently have that position or had it in the past. They can tell you if there are any qualifications you should include or if there are any you should remove. You generally only want about eight bullet points in this section, so you want to make sure each one counts. It never hurts to get a second set of eyes on an admissions manager hospital job description.
Some beneficial skills to put on this kind of job listing appear below:
Bachelor’s degree in health services or a related field 2 years of sales experience preferred Assertive personality but also empathetic Able to spend hours walking, standing or driving Willing to travel