Why is it important to your to write an engaging and unique job description for your open position? Think of your posting as your company’s first impression on new hires. From the start, you want your readers to feel excited about the prospect of working with your company. You’ll need to convince them that you are their ideal company and can give them the opportunities they’ve been looking for.
On the other hand, your job description is also like your first filter. If you are clear about your expectations, you can weed out candidates that are just looking for any job or who simply aren’t yet qualified for the position. That’s a lot to accomplish in 700 words or less, so how write an effective job description? Check out the Admissions Representative Hospital job description sample below to get a great idea of how to craft an excellent description.
Admissions Representative Hospital Job Summary
You’ll be the first point of contact for hospital patients and will be responsible for guiding them through the admission process. You’ll record information relating to the patients health status, payment information and attending physician as well as answer hospital related questions. Additionally, you’ll learn hospital services information to better help patients and contribute to the facility’s smooth daily operations.
Admissions Representative Hospital Job Responsibilities
- Manage patient pre-admission process including interviewing patients, confirming physicians’ admission privileges, recording patient details in hospital’s database and using doctors’ bookings.
- Answer patient questions regarding admission procedures, mobile phone restrictions and room selection.
- Screen patients’ medical insurance and payment information validity and verify third-party approvals when necessary.
- Arrange admission charts and gather related paperwork.
- Guide patients through the admission process and gather relevant personal information through pre-admission interviews.
- Verify patient identification and issue hospital identification band as required.
- Manages patient placement throughout the facility via assigning beds, arranging transport and notifying physicians of patient arrivals.
- Obtains information of maternity and emergency room patients through interviewing family members and visiting patient’s assigned room.
- Maintains a safe hospital facility through adherence to our stated professional standards and policies as well as full compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Admissions Representative Hospital Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of hospital admissions experience
- Sales personnel experience preferred
- Proficiency with standard hospital admission and database technology
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
At Walker Family Medical, we pride ourselves on providing excellent family care to all members of out close-knit community. In our town, everyone knows your name, so we make an effort to provide services that will be the talk of the town. Our team of experienced medial professionals makes a constant effort to positively contribute to the facility’s welcoming environment. As Admissions Representative Hospital, you will be at the forefront of customer service experience and be responsible for gathering important medical data for our physicians. We look forward to hearing from you! Please follow our easy application submission guidelines below.
Best Practices for Writing a Job Description
- While this is a great job description, you may need a broader outline for your position as your add and modify the above guideline to suit your company. Additionally as your edit, you’ll want to know what the job market expects from this description, so look over these best practices:
- Do use bullets over paragraphs whenever appropriate. Bullet points are easier to scan and will allow the reader to glean information quickly.
- Don’t be vague. Be as specific about your expectations as possible.
- Do show off a bit. Engage professionals with an attractive company culture and other job benefits.
- Do consult with common industry practices and company policy before posting information related to salary and/or benefit packages.
- Do use an engaging and descriptive post title. Think about what your ideal professional might look for in a job database.
Admission Representative Hospital Job Responsibilities
When applying for a job, jobseekers want to see a detailed explanation of what duties and responsibilities the position entails. As the employer, it is your responsibility to outline these in your admission representative hospital job description. The section that contains such an explanation is the meatiest section in the entire description, requiring details and specifications. This part of the ad needs to communicate the day-to-day tasks a candidate will perform.
As you work on this section of the admission representative hospital job description, keep in mind what an applicant would think while reading it. Do not be too wordy or include too many duties. This is overwhelming and may push away talented jobseekers. Instead, list about 6-8 tasks, including special projects and other items that show the admission representative hospital job responsibilities.
The following is an example of what this section of your job description may look like:
Provide information on hospital procedures and policies, such as explaining the process of admission or room selection Enter patient information accurately into the hospital computer system while maintaining patient privacyVerify patient identity and prepare admission folder paperwork Collect payments and process them in hospital payment systemAnswer telephone calls to provide general information while also observing HIPAA and hospital policies regarding privacy
Admission Representative Hospital Job Specifications
In your admission representative hospital job description, it is important to convey to applicants the required skills and qualifications for the position. This not only helps you attract applicants who fit the requirements, it also saves jobseekers time by allowing them to pass on the job if they do not have the qualifications required. This section requires clear and direct information to convey specific points and better eliminates confusion.
It is a good idea to consult with those currently working in this position or with supervisors for this position to gather a list of admission representative hospital job specifications. This helps ensure this section of the admission representative hospital job description is accurate and complete. Keep this section specific as well. List exact degree fields or the number of years needed, if applicable. Don’t leave applicants guessing about the details, and be sure to present the requirements in a list format. Also, check that you clearly label any qualifications that are simply preferred as opposed to required.
Here is a look at what this section might look like:
Excellent customer service skills and professional appearanceExpert computer skills and the ability to quickly learn internal systemsStrong communication skillsSuperior organizational abilitiesPrevious experience in health insurance or office work preferred