Advertising and promotions managers develop consumer interest in their companies’ services or products by planning and implementing marketing programs. To create effective plans, they must work closely with sales representatives, graphic designers and accountants.
Your advertising and promotions manager job description should mention that candidates must hold a four-year degree involving coursework in business, marketing, finance, visual design, economics or computer science. Advertising and promotions managers make use of all these disciplines, so having background knowledge in some of them is critical to job success.
Advertising and promotions managers should be gifted communicators because they need to use a variety of communication outlets to appeal to diverse groups of people. They should also be able to generate unique ideas that resonate with consumers. Keep reading for additional information about what to include in your advertising and promotions manager job description.
Advertising and Promotions Manager Job Summary
Left Field Publishing House is seeking an advertising and promotions manager to spearhead our rebranding endeavors and bring our publications to previously untapped markets. This role will give you the chance to introduce consumers to new passions by utilizing innovative marketing techniques across a variety of platforms, including web, print and audiovisual media. You will lead and collaborate with a diverse group of professionals, building on their strengths to produce ironclad strategies that will keep our company thriving. Capitalize on your previous experience to analyze the market, develop effective campaigns, invigorate our products and strengthen the future of the publishing industry. Please direct inquiries to Harold Crayon, head of marketing.
- Investigate market trends, determine demographics with highest readership and profit potential, and develop strategies for attracting and retaining their patronage
- Review social science research and use findings to determine optimal ways of influencing people of various markets to read our materials
- Oversee all aspects of rebranding campaign, including graphic design, slogan development, personnel acquisition and publication revitalization
- Instruct hiring managers and writing staff on updated publication priorities, review new content releases for alignment with brand message and brainstorm tactics for achieving complete transition to fresh style
- Meet with supervisors weekly to obtain briefing on advertising priorities, long-term goal progress and critical market shifts
- Collaborate with accounting managers, sales representatives and visual design staff to create advertisements that are simultaneously compelling, true to brand, effective and economical
- Assign work tasks to junior marketing staff members, advise on direction of efforts and lead biweekly meetings to monitor progress
- Lead focus groups to track consumer perception of publications and incorporate results into promotional planning
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree including studies in business, economics, marketing and computer science
- Five years’ professional experience in marketing role
- Dynamic, creative personality eager to build connections and expand horizons
- Aptitude for developing and implementing business strategies
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software and video and web development software
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn Google DoubleClick and Microsoft Dynamics Marketing
You may have written a standout advertising and promotions manager job description, but your work is not over yet. Now, it is time to post your job opening to a variety of outlets. Classic methods such as newspapers and help wanted ads can help you find quality candidates, and you should also make use of technology by posting to social media and your company website.
Job boards are one of the most fruitful recruiting tools, and there are hundreds of them available online. Of course, posting to each of these boards individually would take much more time than you have to spare. Instead of going that route, use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of boards all at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter