Advertising sales agents are the professionals responsible for representing advertising spaces to individuals and companies. They make it possible for businesses to purchase ads in newspapers, magazines and websites, as well as physical locations, such as billboards. They place and receive calls from possible clients, follow up on interested clients and travel to clients’ offices to discuss and explain advertising opportunities.
Marketing is at the heart of the advertising agent position. Your advertising sales agent job description should make this requirement clear and emphasize its importance. Candidates need to exhibit an understanding of marketing principals so they can explain the benefits of each unique advertising space.
Communication is also essential to this position. Any interested candidates need strong interpersonal skills because most of their time will be spent talking with clients and persuading them to purchase advertising space. This advertising sales agent job description template demonstrates how to include this information.
Advertising Sales Agent Job Summary
Join our dedicated and dynamic advertising house. Everyone on our team of sales agents are committed to helping our clients make the most of their business. We are looking for a candidate who has a firm grasp on marketing, economics and business practices, as well as the ability to communicate and discuss these principals with clients. You should be persuasive with a history in marketing or service and have excellent interpersonal skills. All our sales agents work hard to answer questions clients have and make recommendations for success. To fit in, you must be just as committed to helping others and working hard.
- Maintain a set number of accounts, making calls to clients on a weekly basis to discuss advertising opportunities and recommend specific advertising spots
- Place calls to potential new clients and implement sales techniques to persuade companies to purchase advertising space from us
- Answer calls every day from interested clients, relaying information, answering questions and setting up meeting appointments
- Maintain working knowledge of marketing space openings, including their benefits, to provide this information to clients quickly and accurately
- Create contracts for clients to sign and take the time to explain all information found in the contract and guide clients through the process
- Perform market research to determine new marketing opportunities as well as plans to capitalize on them effectively
- Receive and review information about clients’ products or services to better serve them and provide a strategy that is tailored toward their specific needs
- Attend sales meetings, meet sales quotas and fulfill administrative tasks
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least two years of experience in marketing and sales
- High school diploma or GED completion
- One year minimum experience in the service industry
- Associate degree or higher in marketing
Writing a strong advertising sales agent job description that will attract the most talented candidates is only the first step of the hiring process. If you want to successfully find the right person to recruit, you need to ensure enough job seekers see your job opening. You should advertise through your company website, through social media and most importantly, through online job boards. These are the most effective places to post your job description to reach the biggest audience as possible.
To make the most your job description, turn to MightyRecruiter. We have free posting tools to help you find your next advertising sales agent. We allow you to post your job description to hundreds of online job boards simultaneously, making the process of getting word of the opening out much easier. Choose MightyRecruiter to simplify your search for talent.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter