Aircraft mechanics perform inspections, make repairs and perform scheduled maintenance of aircraft. They have the ability to diagnose both electrical and mechanical problems and identify repair procedures. They are able to examine parts for defects and replace them with new ones.
Focusing on the qualities that are important for aircraft mechanics is one part that should be included in your aircraft mechanic job description. Applicants should be very detail-oriented and have good troubleshooting skills. It is also important that they have good coordination of the hands and fingers in order to assemble and manipulate aircraft parts.
Other skills that aircraft mechanics possess include agility, strength and observational proficiency. In addition to listing important qualities, a job description should include a number of other key elements. Consult the aircraft mechanic job description below to get a good idea of what to include in yours.
Aircraft Mechanic Job Summary
Is aviation in your blood? Do you love working with your hands and finding creative solutions to mechanical problems? As an aircraft mechanic for our company, you will have the opportunity to use your skills on a variety of aircraft, including C-130s, P3 aircraft, 737s, 757s, A320s and Cirrus aircrafts. Keep our company in tip-top shape as you make repairs and do inspections alongside a skilled team to meet FAA’s standards of quality within specified deadlines. Utilize your experience and enhance your training to troubleshoot issues on all associated systems on our aircraft. We reward our employees with competitive pay, excellent benefits and professional training.
- Inspect and examine aircraft components, including de-icing systems, hydraulic systems and landing gear, for leaks, cracks, breaks or other issues
- Read and utilize blueprints, maintenance manuals, ATA codes, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins and other maintenance documents to troubleshoot and complete work assignments
- Perform routine maintenance operations, such as the replacement of power plant and aircraft components
- Perform hourly, daily and monthly inspections to check for cracks, oil leaks, burned areas, foreign object damage, warping, distortions, missing segments and wear
- Complete all tasks in the allotted time frame and to the quality standards of our company, our customers and the FAA
- Promote safety within the workplace by monitoring others and yourself to guarantee all tasks are performed within the safety manual guidelines, and communicate with other mechanics and supervisors to coordinate repairs and keep apprised of safety concerns
- Order supplies, equipment, materials and parts for repairs and general maintenance
- Keep detailed records of the inspections performed, repairs finished, maintenance procedures and ordered parts
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma with aviation-specific training
- Minimum of three years of experience on commercial and general aviation aircraft
- Fluent in English
- A & P Certification
- Experience with technical manual database software
- Experience with engine analysis software
While creating an effective aircraft mechanic job description is imperative, there are other steps that must be taken in order to attract qualified applicants. Posting the job description in a variety of places is an effective step. Advertising the job on your website is a good start, but you should also consider using social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and even Twitter. Use your contacts in the industry and have them refer for you, as well.
Many people who are searching for jobs look at online job boards. Because there are so many of them, it can take a lot of time to post your job description to each one. Instead, use your time wisely and take advantage of MightyRecruiter, which can post jobs for free to many different job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter