Android developers develop applications for smartphones and tablets using the Android operating system. The applications either handle specific tasks on the devices or work with the operating systems. They gain an understanding of what users need and then lead entire development processes for software programs.
When mentioning qualifications in an Android developer job description, state that the applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or a related field. Experience in building software and computer programming is also helpful.
Besides computer skills, Android developers should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. They should also have strong communication and interpersonal skills so that they work well with others and can deliver clear instructions to others while working on projects. Creativity and attention to detail are also important qualities. Review the Android developer job description below for a better idea of what to include in your job posting.
Android Developer Job Summary
Do you enjoy creating and developing applications for mobile devices? Are you someone with strong computer programming skills who is seeking a creative challenge? We have an opening for an Android developer to join our product development team, where you will have the opportunity to work with the best developers in the business. Use your design and code expertise to make your mark by improving or even inventing our cutting-edge products. Be part of our pioneering company that is proud of its groundbreaking work. Develop your career and your skills further while receiving a generous and competitive pay and benefits package.
- Perform upgrades and maintenance while modifying existing software to improve performance, correct errors and allow adaptation to new hardware
- Recommend software upgrades for clients’ programs and systems if necessary, and analyze software requirements and user needs to determine whether the system design is feasible and can be completed within time and budget constraints
- Collaborate with engineers, programmers, systems analysts and others on projects, and gather information on project capabilities and limitations, interface and performance requirements to create optimum software
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using mathematical models and scientific analysis to predict and measure possible outcomes
- Store, retrieve and manipulate data to understand system capabilities and requirements
- Direct software system testing, validation procedures, application and system documentation and programming to ensure normal program functioning
- Manage the work of technologists, programmers, technicians and other related team members, and provide instruction on writing software code as needed
- Coordinate software installation and monitor equipment to confirm specifications have been met
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or related field
- Previous programming experience
- Familiar with development, program testing and database management system software
- Proficient with application and computer servers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree
After you’ve perfected your Android developer job description, you need to ensure that people will find it in the right places. It should be posted in job listings in print and digital media that jobseekers are most likely to seek out. To reach the best possible candidates, cast as wide of a net as possible.
Besides posting to your organization’s social media accounts, website and internal resources, such as the intranet and employee referral programs, be sure to include the job description on available online job boards. It is laborious to post to individual job boards, so you should use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter