Application developers deal with the growth of software intended to make organizational processes more efficient or to market and sell to public consumers. Top responsibilities include researching end-user needs and requirements, developing and testing software, creating models to assist with code creation, documenting all updates and modifications in the software for future reference and performing routine maintenance and system upgrades to maximize program performance and end-user experience.
The content of the skills section in your application developer job description is critical to helping applicants understand the competencies you require and expect. Some key strengths to suggest include communication, creativity and computer and analytical skills. Candidates should also demonstrate their ability to effectively solve problems.
Interpersonal skills are also valuable to make communication with end-users and colleagues efficient, positive and effective. For a better idea of how to organize this material, refer to our application developer job description template.
Application Developer Job Summary
Do you excel at using your understanding of computer analytics for creating software and optimizing end-user experience? As an application developer at our corporate headquarters, you have unlimited opportunities to utilize your skillset to build, grow and enhance software designed to revolutionize organizational processes. Whether you are creating coding models, running tests, collaborating with end-users for feedback, providing assistance with upgrades and updates, performing general maintenance or designing emergency protocols, each day will bring exciting challenges and the chance to develop key skills. If you are a problem solver who is outgoing and able to communicate on an interpersonal level, this could be just the job you are looking for.
- Research organizational needs, end-user requirements and requests and existing software structure to identify and create new applications that will increase efficiency and optimize function
- Perform tests to determine usability and catch errors or glitches before releasing the application to other internal users
- Systemize and coordinate upgrades and updates to minimize downtime and ensure that all end-users are operating on parallel systems; oversee all general maintenance on software applications
- Design and build models to instruct programmers on how to write and modify the code needed to implement new applications
- Collaborate with end-users to assess system performance, acquire feedback and identify areas where improvements are necessary; incorporate user feedback into forthcoming initiatives to guarantee an optimal user experience
- Document and safely store all information associated with application specifications, modifications or upgrades for future reference
- Participate in creating emergency protocols and plan ahead for potentially challenging situations like blackouts
- Assess industry innovations and the latest software discoveries to incorporate into application creation to maintain organizational software that is competitive and sophisticated
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of computers and analytics
- At least three years of experience in coding and application development
- Familiarity with performing maintenance and updates on software
Applicants who are serious about finding a job are going to pay attention to the clarity of different job postings. Creating a stunning application developer job description is only the first step to making an impression. Once completed, it is time to utilize information sharing methods to market your request on platforms that are professional and reputable. Some examples include attending university job fairs, participating in referral programs, posting to social media platforms and even sharing a creative blurb on your company website.
Another valuable channel to utilize is posting to online job boards where you can share your information in a matter of seconds without spending considerable time and resources. This method is also beneficial to applicants who can use filters to quickly narrow their search and find desirable jobs. MightyRecruiter can help you get started by providing a place where you can post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter