Appraisers evaluate real estate properties to determine their values. This is generally done before a sale or to help the owner obtain an advantageous loan. There are commercial and residential appraisers who work for office buildings and single family homes, respectively.
Analytical skills are important to emphasize on your own appraiser job description. An eye for detail comes in handy for this line of work, and appraisers need to look at every aspect of a property to come up with an appropriate value.
Customer service skills are great to have because appraisers need to provide friendly service to various groups of people. They also need to be organized and good at managing time. The appraiser job description template here offers some good guidelines on how to attract qualified applicants.
Appraiser Job Summary
Do you enjoy helping people find the property of their dreams? We are looking for someone to join our team as a new appraiser who will work on both residential and commercial properties. Our client base is growing at a rapid pace, so there is plenty of work to go around that will challenge you and may help you advance through the company down the line. Anyone with a friendly, respectful attitude should absolutely apply because those customer service skills are going to be exceedingly beneficial. This is an incredibly rewarding career path for the right person, so make sure to apply today.
- Visit a variety of properties and evaluate them on a number of factors, including income potential, placement costs and depreciation value
- Create written reports for potential buyers that provide in-depth information regarding a property’s value
- Recommend any changes that need to be made to a property before it is ready for purchase, which can include green upgrades
- Stay up to date about local and state ordinances concerning building codes to ensure all properties meet them before being sold
- Obtain any requested information about a building when asked from a prospective buyer, which can include prior records of sales and previous property appraisals
- Take photos of the exterior and interior of buildings to include within the final report
- Interview people who have owned the property in the past or who currently own it and use testimony within final report
- Serve as a witness in court to testify on the true value of a property or whenever dispute arise
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Fully licensed by the state to work as an appraiser
- College coursework in business, computer sciences and finances
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superb communication skills
- Previous experience working as an appraiser
- Flexible work schedule to appraise on weekends
You want someone reading your appraiser job description to know exactly what you are looking for out of a candidate. Being totally descriptive will entice the best people to apply because they will know beyond a shadow of a doubt they possess the skills you are looking for. However, being detailed is not going to mean much if licensed appraisers in your city have trouble finding your posting in the first place.
Hundreds of job boards exist to help jobseekers find open positions in a specific area. You should definitely post to these boards with the help of MightyRecruiter. Additionally, you should make sure not to overlook other website to market your job description, which can include your company’s social media accounts and website. You can post jobs for free at all these places so people from all walks of life can locate your description.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter