Audio and visual professionals ensure all the technical equipment for an event is set up and working properly. This equipment can include mixing boards, video monitors, projectors, microphones and much more. They are also in charge of making sure the lighting is good before the event starts.
Excellent computer skills are great to have as an audio and visual technician. Your audio and video equipment technician job description also needs to stress the importance of being skilled with troubleshooting. Such professionals need to be natural problem solvers.
Additionally, communication skills are vital to have in this role. This is because technicians need to communicate crucial details to a client about what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it. See what else you need to include by examining the audio and video equipment technician job description template below.
Audio and Video Equipment Technician Job Summary
Do you have a real passion for electronics and are never satisfied until a job is perfectly completed? If you do, then you definitely need to apply for our open audio and visual equipment technician position. This job will require you to set up the microphones and mixing boards before every concert, so this job is great for enhancing your own knowledge while seeing some amazing shows. While working here, you will also get an opportunity to flex your communication muscles and may get a chance to serve as a liaison between management and the performers. This is a perfect job for anyone who loves working with complex pieces of machinery.
- Diagnose any issues with the media system and resolve them in a timely manner by repairing a component or replacing a damaged part
- Install new equipment as it is acquired, which can include video projectors, sound speakers, microphones, connecting cables and various other items
- Film performances using video cameras and then compress and digitize those files for later use
- Conduct routine maintenance throughout the week whenever there are no concerts going on and inform management when something is amiss
- Clean video and audio equipment on a daily basis to extend longevity
- Set up equipment before a performance and take it down afterward, storing it in the proper facility
- Work with performers before a show to ensure all equipment is working as it should
- Collaborate with nearby facilities and rent out audio and visual equipment when asked, consulting with management beforehand to get approval and to ensure the contract is properly drafted
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in electronics, physics, math or a related field of study
- Coursework in computer skills
- Previous experience working with microphones, recording equipment and similar pieces of equipment
- Ability to travel around town
- Great communication skills
It is incredibly important to take your time writing an amazing audio and video equipment technician job description, no matter how busy your schedule might be. Once you are finished writing, you still have work to do. You need to post it to relevant job boards so jobseekers are actually capable of finding it.
There are hundreds of job boards on the internet where many job hunters turn when they need new work. You can post it to other places as well, such as your company website and your social media pages, including LinkedIn and Facebook. With so many job boards out there, it is incredibly beneficial that MightyRecruiter allows you to post jobs for free with ease.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter