When you need to recruit a new facility engineer, the first stage of the process is to create a job advert that will get noticed. With 79% of job seekers turning to social media to find vacancies, you could be competing with a host of other headlines to grab the attention of the candidates that you’re hoping to attract.
To ensure that your advert doesn’t fade into the background or get lost among similar listings, you need to focus on how you present your opportunity. Consider the terminology you use, the way you describe your ideal candidate and how you present the information on the page.
The facility engineer job description template provides examples of how to use bullet points to make the important information stand out, and listing them in that way can give candidates an idea of how you prioritise the information that you are presenting.
Facility Engineer Job Description Template
We’re looking for a Facility Engineer to oversee and coordinate the workers who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, ventilation, refrigeration, and other building systems within our distribution facility. You’ll perform systems evaluations on facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed, manage a budget, and create calculations to ensure operational efficiencies. You’ll also assist in the hiring and training of workers, and arrange their schedules and work activities. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s looking to grow their career in facilities engineering, as well as get experience under their belt with people management!
- Assign and schedule work tasks with other facility technicians in a team-oriented environment, and perform initial evaluations of building systems and distribute work assignments.
- Evaluate team members’ individual performances to ensure quality operations, and investigate any and all accidents caused by team members, and prepare relevant reports.
- Work with the Maintenance Planning department to evaluate needs for all work requests—both scheduled and unscheduled—as well as any special projects that arise.
- Coordinate and follow up on preventative maintenance on refrigeration units, plumbing, electrical, overhead doors, and any other mechanical systems.
- Coordinate and assist in repairs involving basic electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Read blueprints and plan projects to complete assigned tasks, and coordinate and follow up on incidental carpentry, masonry, and painting and plaster work.
- Review and maintain maintenance logs and maintenance budgets, and complete any and all documentation necessary to the completion of a task.
- Instruct team in how to dispose of hazardous materials in accordance with established OSHA procedures.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in project management
- Experience with people management
- 5 + years of experience in the field
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Advanced skills with ACAD and Visio, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer)
- Strong analytical skills and proven organizational ability and attention to detail is a must
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and deadline-focused
What to Include in a Winning Facility Engineer Job Description Template
Your job description should inspire potential applicants to complete the application immediately, or at least bookmark your page to come back to it when they are in a position to do so. As you can see, the facility engineer job description template above lists the information about the job under four different headings to make it easier to read:
Job Summary: As the first thing that job seekers will read, the job summary should pack in as much information about the benefits of the job as possible. Focus on what would appeal to a candidate rather than what the company is looking for in this section and use the facility engineer job description template for ideas on how to present the information in a candidate-centric way.
Duties and Responsibilities: Your current facility engineer may well perform hundreds of different tasks over the course of a week, but for this section, you should only list those which are vital to the role. Choose 6-8 core responsibilities and explain how the role fits into the structure of the organisation.
Skills: If it’s been a while since the facility engineer job description had been reviewed, then this is the perfect time to do it as you want this section to be concise and clear about which skills are required to do the job. Consider the language you use and eliminate any overly gendered terminology that could discourage certain groups of people from applying.
Company Overview: While the other sections aim to sell the role, this is the place to highlight why your company is a great place to work. Talk about the ethos, the working culture and the atmosphere that you cultivate. Emphasise any perks or bonus schemes and mention any training that will be available to the successful candidate.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Facility Engineer Job Description Writing Do’s & Don’ts
- Do draw attention to your social media channels and any promotional material that you have to ensure that candidates get a sense of how your business operates.
- Don’t forget that your advert needs to be found, so use keywords which will be recognised by search engines and optimise the page name so that the advert can be found on your website.
- Do ensure that your job page is suitable for users who may be viewing it on a mobile device.
- Don’t make the application process too complex or bury the details of how to apply within other information on the page.
- Do include details of the salary on offer wherever possible as it is a major factor in whether job seekers will choose to apply or not.
- Don’t include impenetrable blocks of text – the facility engineer job description template shows how to present information in a clear and easy-to-read format.