Studies show that nearly two-thirds of job seekers are more comfortable applying for a job than having a recruiter seek them out. If you are looking for the best talent possible, you can’t just rely on outreach; you also need stellar job listings to attract employees.
Job descriptions need to not only tell people what they’ll be expected to do; you also need to make potential applicants want to work for you. You can do that by using a technical implementation consultant job description template.
The key components of a job description include a list of required duties as well as direct and indirect benefits of the job. Direct benefits include salary and insurance, and indirect benefits are a stellar work environment or opportunity for advancement.
To help you with this process, use the technical implementation consultant job description template below.
Technical Implementation Consultant Job Description Template
The goals of the Technical Implementation Consultant are to provide product recommendations and configurations, technical expertise for integrations, developing and coding sound technical solutions, ensuring proactive communication to clients and internal staff, and managing enhancement requirements and escalations and capability to understand simple to complex business requirements and design a technical solution to meets those needs. The TC drives projects to completion by anticipating the needs of the clients and ensuring the alignment of the internal and external teams focused on the implementation.
The TC will play a critical role in the success of the Professional Services team. We are expanding a world class Professional Services organization that already has a proven track record of working with Fortune 500 IT departments, system integrators, independent software manufacturers and open source communities. This position is an individual contributor role within our Professional Services Organization and reports to the Director of Technical Consulting.
- Provide technical, business consulting and product expertise to customers enabling comprehensive solution to be delivered to the market
- Facilitate technical discussions and white boarding for project integrations and technical solutions from one to many technical applications
- Determine the scope of the implementation technology solution and the resources required to successfully complete
- Identify use cases, roles and other business requirements for each project
- Develop/code technology solutions to clients for integrations, product extension and enhancements
- Ensure sales, account management, and support have appropriate tools to sell and support the Professional Services offerings including the creation of customized workflow and system data flow diagrams
- Produce and manage client-facing documentation
- Conduct implementation pilots and help customer envision final solution
- Train new clients on the essentials of systems to get them started on implementations
- Ensure timely and accurate billing in coordination with Finance Department
- Identify areas for process improvement within the Professional Services organization and make recommendations to Management
- Produce technical proposals
- Develop risk mitigation plans
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ yrs of experience delivering commercial projects via service organizations
- Ideal candidates would have a strong background in software development and Software-as-a-Service systems
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years working directly with business/customers to understand business needs and applying technology solutions to those requirements
- 5+ years of experience developing technical solutions with Internet technologies including XML (WSDL), REST, SOAP, Publisher/Listener architecture, and software technologies including .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- 10+ years of experience working with code (C# or Java) and data in SQL or XML data stores
- Experience working with bug tracking systems
- Experience working with source control systems (SVN, SourceSafe etc.)
- Experience using a CRM solution such as SalesForce.com
What to Include in a Winning Technical Implementation Consultant Job Description Template
It’s important to keep in mind that many people looking for a job will scan job descriptions, and they may only look at your job posting for a few seconds. Using a technical implementation consultant job description template can help you ensure that you keep the description broken up by bullet points, headers and short paragraphs that are easy to skim.
It’s a good idea to split up a job posting into four sections, which are:
Job Summary: If you want to ensure that a prospective applicant will keep reading, you should make sure that you broadly outline what a job involves as well as why someone would want to work for your company. Individuals should not only be able to tell if they’ll be a good fit for the job; they should also come away with reasons they would want to apply for a position in your organization.
Duties & Responsibilities: It can be tempting to get into the fine details of what a job will require of someone, but it’s best to keep it short and to the point. Bullet lists involving 6 to 8 job responsibilities, like the one used in the technical implementation consultant job description template, are the best way to go.
Skills: As with duties and responsibilities, it’s best to be brief. The important thing is to highlight absolute musts for applicants and to make it clear which skills are desirable but not required.
Company Overview: Many organizations don’t really put in much effort in their company description, but this is the part where you sell your organization to an applicant. Be sure to highlight awards, standing in the industry, perks, working environment or anything that will show candidates why they would love to work for you.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Technical Implementation Consultant Job Description Writing Do’s & Don’ts
- Don’t forget to share your job description on social media; applicants are increasingly looking for opportunities on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Do be sure to include any benefits you offer, including health, dental or paid leave.
- Do speak to people looking at the description using the word “you” instead of “candidates” or “applicants.”
- Don’t forget to include a salary; salaries are a leading reason for skilled applicants to leave their current job.
- Do consider SEO when creating descriptions so people can find your listing by doing a job search on Google.
- Don’t forget to create lists in order of importance with the most important items at the top.