Writing a great job description is an essential component of recruiting and retaining the best talent for your company. However, managers often perceive it as a daunting task. Although you may be struggling with knowing what exactly to include, consider breaking it down by defining the duties and responsibilities of the job and the skills and qualifications required for success in the position. A good job description is the core piece of information that enables job seekers to develop enthusiasm for working for your company and make the ultimate decision to apply. Make sure to use clear and concise language to represent the actual duties, job specifications, and responsibilities accurately, such as those incorporated in the Billing Supervisor job description sample.
Billing Supervisor Job Description Sample
We have included a sample Billing Supervisor job description below to help you write a great job description and attract the top performers.
Billing Supervisor Job Summary
You will supervise a team of accounting specialists to produce monthly project statements, and act with management to create highly detailed client-specific invoices. You will also be accountable for resolving matters connected with project management, client requests, and project accounting by designing and implementing methods related to the billing process. You will organize and monitor billing assistants to promote efficiency within the finance department.
Billing Supervisor Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reconciles billings with the accounts received ledger
- Monitors the billing metrics database
- Identifies of simplification and automation opportunities
- Manages and ensures compliance with control objectives
- Develops and prepares reports and metrics
- Utilizes metrics to improve performance
- Supports internal and external auditors
- Updates billing policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- Communicates with management on day-to-day issues
- Leads team to improve office collections, communicate issues, and implement ideas
- Performs daily activities of billing and auditing of assigned claims
- Ensure compliance with company policies, and state and federal regulatory bodies
Billing Supervisor Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a similar role
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately
- Experience with a large customer base and high transaction volume
- Ability to translate and analyze data into reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
At Pacific Billing Corporation, we have been serving customers since 1996. We believe our commitment to our customers is the key to success. We encourage our employees to expand their unique talents and strengths and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit of individual achievement. To sustain our growth and success, we invest in our workers and clients by providing exceptional customer service a daily basis. Our goal is to learn our clients’ needs and fulfill them with integrity and a passion for excellence.
Billing Supervisor Job Responsibilities
Paying bills is an unfortunate fact of life, but the only thing worse than paying them is finding out they may be incorrect. Whether you are handling your cell phone service, gas provider or cable company, each of them has a billing department that handles and calculates the charges that appear on a customer’s bill and handles problems that arise. If you are seeking a supervisor in such a department, composing a standout billing supervisor job description with a meaty and well-written job responsibilities section is key.
The billing supervisor job responsibilities section is one of the most important and largest parts you will be writing. It should introduce readers to the position and detail the daily tasks and expectations associated with the job. 6-8 items, outlined using bullet points, can accomplish this. These are some examples of potential responsibilities you may see in a billing supervisor job description:
- Supervise billing agents to ensure they follow proper procedure and maintain the standard of service expected by the company
- Handle escalated issues and provide resolutions to various billing problems that customers are facing
- Train staff regarding proper billing methods and service in order to maintain consistent methods and standards
- Manage billing system operations by performing necessary software updates and troubleshooting as is necessary
Billing Supervisor Job Specifications
The billing supervisor position requires the ability to deescalate stressful disputes, explain complex billing items and manage a team of agents. Candidates who read the billing supervisor job description up to the job qualifications and skills section may think it’s a great fit, but you know that a perfect candidate needs to offer more than enthusiasm. The billing supervisor job specifications provide information on these criteria and identify for prospective candidates what skills are absolutely essential. Collaborating with your hiring manager on this section may help you come up with clear specifics to list, too.
This part of the billing supervisor job description should inform interested candidates about the minimum criteria that you expect. Specifying these details will serve to deter both over- and underqualified candidates from clogging your inbox. Factors such as experience, education and skills are important to note, and it is ideal to include between four and six items in a bullet point list. These are some potential specifications to draw inspiration from:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Exemplary written and spoken communication skills
- Familiar with computer programs and Microsoft suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior conflict resolution abilities