Biochemists study the chemical properties of biological processes which include cell development, disease and heredity. They conduct both basic research that is purely exploratory and applied research that aims to achieve a result that can be applied towards solving a problem. By researching the molecular functioning of cells in plants and animals, biochemists can further understand biological processes and how they can be applied to medical cures.
When writing your biochemist job description, be sure to emphasize the need for advanced analytical and critical thinking skills. Biochemists need highly-developed critical thinking skills to pair with their advanced scientific knowledge in order to analyze their research and draw conclusions from exhaustive testing.
The knowledge of how to utilize advanced technological tools for research should also be emphasized in the job requirements. For more ideas of how to write your own job description, take a look at this biochemist job description template.
Biochemist Job Summary
Would you like to work for a medical research corporation that is patient focused and committed to producing life-saving treatments to improve their lives? Become a biochemist at Harbor Medical and make a difference. Affiliated with Harbor University Medical School, Harbor Medical gives you the unique opportunity to work in the research for commercially-viable medicines in cooperation with a top academic research hospital. In this biochemist position, you will focus on immunological concepts in the area of cancer treatment research and report to the biochemistry manager. If a fast-paced and cutting-edge research environment is what you desire, apply today and be a part of new discoveries!
- Carry out detailed experimentation projects both basic and applied upon the direction of the biochemistry manager
- Exercise knowledge and experience in regulatory agency rules and inspection protocol as well as clinical chemistry best practices to enable the most advanced research capabilities possible in the laboratory
- Isolate, analyze and conduct diverse experiments with proteins, DNA and other types of molecules, and research the effects of different treatment protocols on the health of cells and larger biological functions
- Write technical experimentation reports to clearly describe the method used to research and the results obtained and conduct extensive data analyses on the results to ensure the highest degree of accuracy
- Conduct presentations with hospital staff regarding research results and analysis
- Continually strive to learn new information in the biochemical field by attending educational opportunities, such as medical conferences
- Act as a hospital resource to consult with clinical staff regarding recommended test orders as well as their results
- Learn about new testing technologies in order to bring more clinical testing to Harbor Medical
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in biotechnology with a minimum of three years of employment in the field
- Experience with proteomics and bioinformatics
- Fluency with the use of advanced laboratory technology, such as fluorescent microscopes and computer modeling
- A Ph.D. in Biotechnology
- Prior clinical experience
It is an exacting job to express exactly what you want in a biochemist job description, but now that you have successfully completed your position opening, where do you post it? There are many niche job boards out there that would be a good fit for this position, but would you give the job description the high exposure it needs to attract the brightest and most qualified candidates?
The best candidates for your job opening may be those who are not presently active in a job search. The wide scope of more generalized job boards can be the solution to reach out to qualified professionals who will apply for your position once they have learned about your specific job opportunity. With MightyRecruiter, you can post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at once, simplifying the posting process while gaining a ton of exposure.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter