Using advanced methods of modern science, biological scientists study living organisms. They examine plants, animals and microbes to better understand their natural biological processes and impact on the environment. Most biological scientists focus on an area of biology, such as biochemistry or zoology.
Biological scientists should be able to conduct both basic and applied research and provide precise and accurate information about the results. You may want to indicate in the skills section of your biological scientist job description that experience managing a laboratory team and presenting findings to colleagues is desired if you want to attract candidates with better interpersonal skills.
If you are looking for a biological scientist to work on a specialized team to solve a problem, it is helpful to be as specific as possible when writing your job description. Examining the biological scientist job description template below can help you understand what to include.
Biological Scientist Job Summary
If you enjoy using the latest innovative technology to conduct interesting experiments that may change lives, you should consider being a part of our company’s biological science team. Beyond laboratory work, you will also have the opportunity to do research out in the field and potentially manage a laboratory team. You will have access to some of the newest laboratory equipment available, and be a part of a company committed to discovering ways to fight diseases and protect the environment. You can use your critical thinking and strategizing skills to plan applied research projects, and put your communication skills to use by presenting your findings to colleagues and other professionals. We are eager to expand our valued team of experts with a hard-working professional like you.
- Lead a laboratory team to conduct experiments on plants, animals, bacteria and other microbes to improve mankind’s quality of life
- Research the effects that various drugs, hormones and other substances have on numerous biological processes
- Know and adhere to all safety and environmental regulations regarding experimentation on various life forms
- Ensure all environmental guidelines are followed regarding the discharge of any organisms that have been genetically modified
- Collect and analyze all pertinent data related to each research project in a manner that ensures the precision and accuracy of the results
- Collaborate with other professionals and colleagues on larger scale experiments to expand the scope of research, increase the potential for discovery and use resources more efficiently
- Publish all scientific discoveries or findings, including research materials in scientific newsletters and journals
- Present research data on the current project at weekly seminars and attend monthly conferences to remain current on the experiments and findings of peers
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Master of Science in Biology
- Minimum of one year spent in an internship at a professional biochemistry laboratory
- Doctoral degree with research focused on molecular biology
- Experience with leading laboratory teams and monitoring their work quality
It’s time to write an attention-grabbing biological scientist job description that draws in the candidates you’re looking for. Afterwards, you need to make sure that it gets posted in places that your ideal candidate is most likely to visit.
Because most candidates use multiple sources when job hunting, it is important to get your job posting listed in as many channels as possible. While internet venues such as online job sites and your company website are necessary places to post your job description, don’t underestimate the effectiveness of human connections. Social networks and referrals combined account for the largest way that jobseekers find their employers. Taking the proper steps to make sure your job description gets maximum exposure to your intended audience can help you find the right employees quickly. For free job postings to multiple online boards at once, consider using MightyRecruiter to save you time and money.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter