Business systems analysts analyze requirements and solve information problems within an organization. They also study its computer systems, design computer programs and recommend system protocols and controls to help an organization run more effectively and efficiently. They work with the business and information technology groups to understand their needs and limitations.
In the skills section of the business systems analyst job description, you should emphasize that the candidate should have a background in information technology, computer programming and business or management information systems. Typically, candidates have at least a bachelor’s degree, but applicants having a master’s degree in business administration in information systems is preferred.
Business systems analysts are constantly learning about new and innovative technologies so that they help their business or organization stay competitive in the market. Read the business systems analyst job description below to further understand what you should include in your job posting.
Business Systems Analyst Job Summary
Do you have strong analytical skills and excel at developing creative systems solutions? Are you always learning about up and coming technology? We now have an opening for a business systems analyst, where you will use your background in information systems to help us make our systems more efficient and effective. We’re looking for someone with strong communication and problem-solving skills and business and information technology experience to work with various stakeholders to meet business needs. You’ll have the opportunity to make a lasting impression by implementing innovative improvements and leading projects. Become a valued member of our team, and we’ll reward you with advancement opportunities, exceptional benefits and competitive pay.
- Analyze business and engineering and data processing problems to improve computer systems and implement solutions
- Examine user requirements, procedures and problems to improve existing systems and automation while reviewing and analyzing technical reports, manuals, periodicals and other reference materials to develop programs to meet needs
- Review existing computer systems to understand capabilities, scheduling and workflow limitations, and make recommendations, including upgrading to and purchasing new equipment or software packages
- Document, develop and revise system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards
- Maintain, test and monitor computer systems and programs while coordinating installations of new programs and systems
- Assist staff in resolving computer-related problems, such as programming errors and malfunctions, and train users on computer programs and systems
- Consult with management to reach agreement on system operating principles, and work with clients on information computation or processing needs to be addressed
- Supervise computer programmers or systems analysts by taking on project management lead roles in systems projects
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of information technology, computer programming and management information systems
- Strong reading, writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Proven record of complex problem solving and decision making
- Master’s degree in business administration with a focus on information systems
Now it’s time to write a business systems analyst job description that will interest the best candidates. A convincing job posting will invite them to apply for the position, especially if it is visible on various job sites and social media platforms. It’s important to reach out to as many people as possible to widen the pool of qualified applicants.
In addition to online job boards, post the job listing on your organization’s career page on the main website, social networks, intranet and employee referral programs. It is a tedious task to post this on individual job boards, so use MightyRecruiter to post to free job boards and increase your audience.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter