Cabinetmakers are extremely skilled workers. Quality cabinetry can be made to serve any type of room, from a residential kitchen to a corporate office. Trained cabinetmakers can work with a variety of materials to suit the needs of many clients.
When writing a professional cabinetmaker job description, make sure to stress how much this line of work relies on being detail-oriented. These jobs can also be physically demanding, so it’s important that your readers understand exactly what type of labor this work entails.
It’s also essential that your cabinetmaker job description appeal to those who have been working in this field for at least a few years. There’s much that can be learned about cabinetry in a classroom setting, but nothing replaces hands-on experience. The example below will help you figure out what information is needed for your posting.
Cabinetmaker Job Summary
Do you have strong woodworking skills and an eye for detail? We’re looking for the right candidate who can deliver cabinets that are both practical and aesthetically pleasing. Using the specs provided by our foreman, you will use your building and mathematical skills to create cabinets that meet very specific guidelines. You’ll work alongside the other members of our building team to create an important product that is in high demand. This is a great way to put your carpentry skills to use in an environment where your experience and insight will be sincerely valued. We offer competitive pay and benefits after the completion of your trial period.
- Construct and assemble cabinet components, making sure that all pieces fit the dimensions specified by the foreman and client
- Verify and double check all calculations to ensure alignment of doors, hinges and side panels, always using blueprints or design plans for reference
- Clean and repair all equipment necessary for your work, including handsaws, table saws, skill saws, and a variety of drills and sanding tools
- Be exact in measurements and markings so that materials will be used efficiently and the projects will meet budgetary restrictions
- Install the appropriate hardware, such as hinges and handles, and order replacement materials when needed
- Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance for all the matching units
- Reinforce joints and attachments to maximize sturdiness and durability without compromising aesthetic appeal or functionality
- Maintain a safe working environment by cleaning and disposing of old materials, such as nails and screws
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding of necessary mathematics
- Knowledge of materials and processing
- Applicable engineering and design skills
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of cabinetmaking experience
In order to create a solid cabinetmaker job description posting, you need to offer the information in a manner that will engage potential applicants. It’s also important that you have your listing in the right locations so that good candidates will find your posting. Use social media and any other digital outlets that make sense for your business and will appeal to the applicants you’re hoping to attract. Being strategic about your job posting is the best way to make sure it gets seen.
It’s important that you access job boards that get a good amount of traffic. Instead of trying to predict which sites the best potential applicants will visit, use MightyRecruiter and have your free job postings sent to hundreds of different online boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter