Cafeteria attendants help ensure diners have all the items they need to enjoy their meal, and help facilitate an efficient dining environment. Specific tasks include removing dirty dishes, cleaning tables, ensuring tables have clean linens and serving drinks.
Be sure not to neglect the skills section of your cafeteria attendant job description, which should make note of such necessary professional attributes as coordination, solid communication ability, physical stamina and service orientation. Because cafeteria attendants interact with diners, they should also have solid customer-service skills.
In addition to physical stamina, attendants need the physical strength necessary to lift racks of dishes, boxes of supplies and dishes. For a solid idea of what to include in your very own cafeteria attendant job description, be sure to take a close and careful look at the example below.
Cafeteria Attendant Job Summary
Do you enjoy creating a dining atmosphere for guests that goes above and beyond? As a cafeteria attendant, you have the opportunity to create a relaxing and well-organized dining environment for our guests, one where the tables are clean, dirty dishes are promptly removed and guests always have silverware, glasses and dishes. In addition to taking care of guests, you’ll utilize your strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills as you work with the rest of the staff to ensure every work area is well-stocked to allow for expedient and efficient operation. Share your positive and helpful attitude as you work quickly to ensure satisfied guests. If you love working with a team, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Wipe down tables and seats when clearing tables with a clean, damp cloth soaked in sanitizer solution to ensure guests always sit at a clean table
- Scrape and pre-rinse dirty dishes, properly arranging them in the correct section of the dish pit for the dishwasher to take care of
- Set tables with clean condiments, linens and other items as needed according to restaurant standards and demands of the table seating
- Serve water, soft drinks, coffee and juice as well as bread and butter to customers
- Clean and stock throughout the restaurant as necessary throughout your shift
- Carry dishes, food, silverware and trays from kitchen to serving counters when supply runs low
- Perform janitorial duties as needed when time permits, such as cleaning work stations, emptying the trash, mopping up spills and sweeping during your shift
- Polish and clean walls, shelves, furniture and equipment throughout the establishment during shift when time permits
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. without assistance
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to be a team player and contribute
- Able to deal with difficult customers and diffuse situations
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Prior experience in the food service industry
- Knowledge of RestaurantPlus POS software
- Knowledge of how to use dishwashing machines
Never forget how powerful and effective the right cafeteria attendant job description can be when it comes to attracting the right candidates for the position. You will want to spend as much time and energy as necessary to craft a job description that describes the applicant you desire. What’s more is you need to do everything you can to put your job description in front of the most qualified candidates.
It’s quite common to place job descriptions on online job boards to get them in front of as many eyes as possible, but that doesn’t mean using social media and your own company website is a bad idea. While job boards are undoubtedly a great option for your description, they can take more time than you have. For that reason, it’s a good idea that you at least consider using free job postings with MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter