Writing a great job description is a necessary component of enticing, selecting, and retaining highly-skilled performers for your business. However, managers often view the responsibility as daunting. If you are confused about how much and what to include in a job description, try breaking it down into small sections. A good job description is the essence of the information that inspires job seekers with an interest in working for your company and ultimately helps them make the choice to apply. Make sure to use a concise and clear writing style to describe the exact responsibilities, duties, and job specifications correctly, such as those included in the Call Center Agent job description sample.
Call Center Agent Job Description Sample
We have included below an example of Call Center Agent job description to provide guidance when drafting a great job description that will attract the top performers.
Call Center Agent Job Summary
You will answer incoming calls from customers who want to place orders, respond to inquiries, manage complaints, troubleshoot significant customer service problems, and provide general information. You will be a member of the primary contact team for consumers interested in the products we offer and will be responsible for assisting them in completing purchases online and over the phone. You will also inform customers of the product terms and features and project a professional company image through voice and online interactions.
Call Center Agent Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer’s emails
- Management and resolve customer complaints
- Sell products and place customer orders in the computer system
- Identify and escalate issues to supervisors
- Provide product and service information to customers
- Research required information using available resources
- Research, identify, and resolve customer complaints using applicable software
- Process orders, forms, and application
- Route calls to appropriate resources
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures
- Recognize, document, and alert the management team of trends in customer calls
- Follow up customer calls where necessary
- Upsell products and services
- Complete call logs and reports
- Other duties as assigned
Call Center Agent Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- 1-3 years of experience in a call center environment
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principles
- Excellent data entry and typing skills
- Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situation appropriately
The HGA Corporation is one of the most profitable finance companies in the nation. The rapid growth of the business has created a wealth of career opportunities. Our e-commerce business offers innovative products online to countless people across the United States. If you are searching for a dynamic career opportunity with tremendous advancement opportunities, HGA Corporation is the answer.
What to Include in Your Call Center Agent Job Description
It is important to include adequate details when you write a Call Center Agent job description to provide an abstract of the essential duties without incorporating too much information. Outline the functions that the position requires and highlight fundamental skills necessary to create excellent performance. Writing job descriptions is an essential task that can be made easier with the help of a basic example that incorporates particular components. Although styles and formats differ, the principal elements of a good job description include:
• Title and Summary – The title of the job should be generic enough that it can be compared to similar jobs in the industry by describing the nature of the work being performed. If appropriate, add the position level, such as lead, senior, or entry. The job summary outlines the primary functions without exaggerating the importance of the role and gives candidates a sense of what will be assessed in performance appraisals. It also provides a snippet of your company at the same time, and segues into to the responsibilities section.
• Responsibilities and Requirements – Next, using a present tense action verb, list up to seven duties, tasks, and responsibilities associated with the job, along with the time expected to be dedicated to each task. When preparing the list of skills, levels of experience, and job tasks and obligations, avoid vague phrases. Clarity is the goal.
• Company Information – Next, using a present tense action verb, list up to seven functions and tasks connected with the job, along with the time expected to be assigned to each duty. When preparing the job tasks and obligations, levels of experience, and lists of skills, clarity is the goal so make sure to avoid vague phrases.
• SEO – Your description must include top search terms and keyword phrases. When job seekers start the search process, the search phrases, terms, and relevant keywords they enter on popular search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo should be incorporated into your job description.
• Call to Action – Now that you attracted potential applicants, it is vital to prompt prospective candidates to apply for the position. Using relevant calls to action such as send us your resume, apply now, or other appropriate catchwords and terms to drive them to take action and apply for the job.
An accurate and concise job description for a Call Center Agent gives a job seeker a sense of the priorities involved and provides a clear picture of the position for potential candidates.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing Your Call Center Agent Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
The more accurate you can make a job description upfront, the more useful it will become in the future. Follow these helpful dos and don’ts best practices to ensure that you have included everything perfectly.
• Do indicate that other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Do identify the abilities, skills, and knowledge needed to perform the job.
• Don’t list more than 10 key responsibilities.
• Do use a good title as a framework for your job description.
• Do eliminate unnecessary words to make the description easy to read.
• Do include the responsibility level and describe the purpose of the job.
• Don’t use adverbs or adjectives that are subject to interpretation.
• Do describe the reporting structure of the position.
• Don’t use biased terminology or superfluous language.
• Don’t include benefits information or salary ranges if it is against company policy.
A well-written Call Center Agent job description is a valuable performance management tool, and an ideal method for attracting the best talent for the position.