With the increasing use of the Internet, applying for a job is easier than ever. While this means that many companies are able to gather a large amount of applications for any given job, it also means that sifting through applications can be even more time consuming than it used to be. In order to find the right person for the job, getting a qualified applicant is more important than finding ten unqualified ones. To streamline the hiring process, you’ll want to craft a job description that is well thought out and attracts the type of workers you’re looking for. Below is a call center specialist job description sample, which you can use as a springboard for creating your own.
Call Center Specialist Job Summary
You will be interacting with customers over the phone in order to ensure smooth transactions. You will answer customer questions and direct them to the appropriate manager when necessary, and you’ll use discernment when dealing with customer complaints.
Call Center Specialist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Obtain and verify information for incoming orders.
- Enter orders into the database with accurate information.
- Maintain the call center database and update the contact log.
- Provide service by answering customer questions and offering assistance.
- Handle customer complaints under company guidance and seek assistance when needed.
- Offer suggestions for streamlining processes and increasing efficiency.
- Report malfunctioning equipment and software to supervisors.
- Participate in educational opportunities in order to keep your job knowledge up to date.
- Handle calls with professionalism and courtesy.
Call Center Specialist Skills and Qualifications
- Good listening and verbal skills
- The ability to type at least 75 WPM
- Strong English language skills
- 1+ years of experience handling multi-line phones
- Multitasking skills in fast-paced environment
- The ability to work independently without much direct supervision
- Exhibiting patience and confidence with a diverse clientele
- Knowledge of footwear preferred
Assure Footwear has been selling high quality orthopedic shoes, both nationally and internationally, since 2004. We strive to meet each customer’s needs through our friendly staff and attention to detail. Our mission is to foster a lasting relationship between wholesalers and merchants in order to deliver products we believe in to our growing clientele.
What to Include in Your Call Center Specialist Job Description
If you haven’t written a job description before, you might be unsure what to include. Maybe you’ve done several but want to see if you can turn up the quality a notch. You might have so much you want to say that the job description gets bogged down with too much information, and if so, what should you cut?
• Title & Summary – The title of the position should be easily searchable and understandable. You’ll want to choose a title that most will recognize, while also making sure it represents your company. Also be sure to include what level the position is, whether senior, entry-level, etc. For the summary, write one to three sentences detailing the most important aspects of the job. This should be a concise yet accurate overview.
• Responsibilities – List about five to 10 responsibilities in a bullet list. Start with the most important, and work your way down to the least. Leave off any task that isn’t performed often or isn’t central to the job. Using action verbs can help the reader feel connected to the daily tasks.
• Company Information – Include a bit about the company culture throughout the job description, so the applicant has a sense of your focus and mission. For instance, does your company foster more individual or more communal innovation?
• SEO – SEO (search engine optimization) is an important component of getting your posting viewed by as many people as possible. Use keywords that search engines will use to direct searchers to your site. You don’t want to inundate your listing with keywords, because this can actually decrease its visibility; instead, include important and relevant words that applicants might type into the search engine.
• Call to Action – Every job description should end with a call to action, which directs the reader to the next step. Including a simple phrase like, “Click here to apply,” or “Contact our office to learn more,” can help the potential applicant take immediate action.
An easy-to-read call center specialist job description that includes pertinent information can help ensure you’re able to connect with qualified applicants.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing Your Call Center Specialist Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
Before hitting “submit” on your job description, look over these dos and don’ts to ensure you haven’t missed anything.
• Do describe the job summary clearly in a way that someone not familiar with the company can understand.
• Do consult with someone who currently performs this job if you’re unsure about what it entails.
• Do use bullet points when listing job responsibilities, as they make the content more reader-friendly.
• Do include the location of the job, and whether there is any travel involved or if the job can be done remotely.
• Do write engaging content that reflects the company while also making the reader feel excited.
• Do include brief benefits information, including whether the company offers a 401(k) or holiday leave.
• Don’t submit your job description without proofreading it twice, preferably aloud.
• Don’t end the job description without letting the reader know how to apply for the position.
Paying attention to the little things can help your job description go from run of the mill to stellar. Investing a little time in crafting a quality call center specialist job description can help you find someone quickly who is well suited for the job.
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- While the above sample can be a helpful reference, knowing what goes into a good job description can help you build one without needing to refer to continually refer back to an example. By keeping in mind several dos and don’ts, such as the ones detailed below, you can write your own call center specialist job description with confidence.
- Do list a job title that prospective employees can easily find in a job search. Also, use a clear title that explains what the position is, as well as the level (senior, entry level, etc.)
- Do write a one to three sentence summary that accurately sums up the most important parts of the job.
- Do use bullet points when listing the duties and responsibilities of this position, as doing so will make the information more reader friendly. Five to 10 bullet points is the ideal amount to list on the job description, since it provides enough information without being laborious to read.
- Do use language that reflects the personality of the company. Writing in a unique tone will help the candidate know what type of company he or she would be working for.
- Don’t use vague language in the job description. Instead use action verbs and concrete phrases to display the information with enthusiasm and precision.
- Don’t forget to proofread your posting before submitting it. Reading it out loud can help you catch errors you may not have noticed otherwise.
- Do provide a “call to action” at the end of the job description that lets the candidate know how to apply.
- Do include salary information if the company has approved this disclosure. Displaying a competitive salary can help booster the number of high quality applicants.
- Do include any benefits information, such as medical leave, 401(k) or vacation pay.
The call center specialist job description sample, as well as the above dos and don’ts, can aid you in creating the perfect job description for your company. By taking the time to craft a posting that potential employees won’t want to brush over, you can save yourself a lot of hassle and fill the position quickly.