Filling an open position can be a long and arduous process. You have to advertise the job opening, sort through all the resumes you get in and conduct interviews. The resume sorting process alone can take days. You can make your hiring process easier if you create an informative job description. The more specific information you include, the more likely you are to attract quality candidates who are actually right for the position in question. You can, and should, use this Cardiovascular Technologist job description sample to help you write your very own informative and concise job description.
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Summary
You will be expected to assist doctors in performing both invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and treatment procedures. You will also be tasked with the maintenance and upkeep of the technical equipment. You will have to work closely with doctors, technicians and patients.
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Welcome patients, answer their questions and respond to their requests in order to comfort them throughout the procedures
- Keep detailed records of patient’s procedures and medical history
- Assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of heart, blood vessel and lung disorders
- Record test results and distribute them to doctors for analysis
- Comply with legal regulations and maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies in field by attending conferences, talking with peers, reading publications, continuing education and joining professional organizations
- Adhere to hospital policies, professional standards and federal and state requirements to serve and protect the hospital community
- Recommend changes to procedures to help improve patient care
- Keep confidential information private to help maintain professional behavior and positive reputation of hospital
- Explain test results to patients and their families in a comforting way to help them understand the procedure and give them the best care possible
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in Invasive Cardiology, Non-Invasive Cardiology, Non-Invasive Echo Cardiology, Non-Invasive Vascular Cardiology or similar field
- 1-3 years related experience
- Proven knowledge of cardiovascular procedures
- Ability to work as a team
- Comforting bedside manner
- Ability to report technical information to other doctors and patients
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and work in fast-paced and stressful environment
- On-call every other weekend
- Work occasional holidays
Sacred Heart Hospital has been serving the greater Austin area since 1995. We strive to give our patients top-of-the-line service and the best care possible. We hold our staff to high standards of patient care, confidentiality and the like. We want our patients to feel comforted in the hands of our staff. We offer a fast-paced environment where doctors, technicians, nurses and other medical professionals can impact the lives of patients and their families.
What to Include in Your Cardiovascular Technologist Job Description
In order to really attract the best candidates, you have to share the right kind of information throughout your job description. Let the candidates understand the opening, so they will have a better idea if this position is right for them. You need to try to include all of the important elements in order to paint a clear picture of the job you are offering.
• Job Title: Any good post will start with a clear job title. This title can have keywords, but should be no longer than five words total. Try to make it specific and engaging. You don’t have to create a unique title. It is better to use the title “Cardiovascular Technologist” than “Heart Engineer” because the former is a more exact and professional title.
• Job Summary: To give the applicants a clear picture of what they’ll be doing in the position, you should include a two to four sentence job summary. This should highlight important responsibilities and team members in the department and position.
• Job Responsibilities: You want to include five to ten daily tasks that someone in this position would have to do. Work with people from the same department, so you can make sure to include the most accurate responsibilities possible. It is best if this section is written in a bulleted format. That will make it much easier for applicants to skim through the responsibilities to make sure they are interested in the job. As you write the duties, try to include benefits of doing the specific tasks. For example, you could write, “Explain test results to patients in a comforting way to give them the best care possible.”
• Job Requirements: To help deter unqualified candidates, you have to include both required and preferred qualifications. Let them know the education, experience and skills you want to see in an applicant. Be as specific as possible. The more specifics you include in this section, the more likely you will get high quality talent to apply.
• Company Profile: You also have to let the potential employees know what the company that they might work for is like. Talk about the mission statement, values and culture of the company. This type of information can help set your company apart from the others.
• Call to Action: Use a call to action to end the job description. This should let the applicants know how to apply to the job and should encourage them to send in their resume.
A standout Cardiovascular Technologist job description can help you find top quality talent without the hassle of sorting through dozens of irrelevant resumes. Once you know what sections to include in your post, you will be closer to being able to write a quality description.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing Your Cardiovascular Technologist Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
After you have your post written, you have to go over it to make sure you’ve included all relevant information in the best way possible. Use these dos and don’ts as a great place to start.
• Do make the submission easy by having clear directions right in the text.
• Don’t include salary or benefit information unless you make sure it is in keeping with the company policies.
• Do use keywords and specifics to be clear about what kind of job you are advertising.
• Don’t forget to include the location of the position.
• Do discuss other important details about the position, such as if traveling is required, who the candidate will have to report to and who will report to the candidate.
You can make your job of hiring a new employee much easier if you take the time to write a clear and concise job description from the start.
Best Practices for Writing a Job Description
- Using a Cardiovascular Technologist job description sample can only get you so far. You also have to be aware of the best practices for writing a job description. This information will help ensure that you are sharing the most relevant details in the best way possible.
- Set your opening apart by including salary and benefit information if you can. When applicants see the salary range, your opening will likely be more competitive.
- Make your description highly readable by using bullet points and short paragraphs. Everyone is busy, so you want to make your post easy to skim.
- Use action-based language throughout your responsibilities section to make it more engaging. This section should give the candidates a clear picture of what they would do on a day-to-day basis.
- Include information about the company culture, so you can attract professionals with similar values. This will help increase the likelihood that the people you hire will be a good fit for the company.
- Be specific about the location of the position. Also let the candidates know early on whether or not there will be traveling required for the job.
- Always make the application process as simple as process. Let them know exactly who to contact if they’re interested in the job.
- Use a specific and professional job title. The first part of your post that potential employees will see is the title, so you have to make sure it is a strong title.
The Cardiovascular Technologist job description sample can give you some great ideas of what to include in your own post. Make sure you do your best to include the most pertinent information, so you will be able to attract top talent for your business. Save time overall by working hard on your job post.