Ceiling tile installers put in new tiles in buildings’ ceilings. This involves creating design plans, ensuring all tiles are accurate sizes and applying a sealant after installation to ensure tiles are securely in place. They may also be in charge of installing additional decorative pieces to the ceiling once the tiles are in.
In order to lift all the materials needed to the ceiling, these professionals should have outstanding physical strength. Good balance is another trait to mention in your ceiling tile installer job description, because installers will need to be on top of ladders or scaffolds. Knowledge of proper safety practices is also beneficial, because the worker may be around potentially harmful contaminants.
Lastly, it is good for installers to have some basic math prowess so that they can create blueprints. To give you an example of how to convey everything, read through the ceiling tile installer job description below.
Ceiling Tile Installer Job Summary
Are you a hands-on individual who has experience working on commercial properties? You can put your skills to use measuring, cutting and installing various materials as our new ceiling tile installer. Working for our company, you will travel all over the city to various clients’ buildings to repair tiles or install new ones, ensuring everyone gets exactly what they ask for. Every day offers new, exciting challenges, and even though you will have a head contractor to report to, you basically get to work on your own while on the job. Additionally, if there are certain materials you are unfamiliar with, then you have nothing to fear because we will teach you.
- Measure the surface area of the ceiling to determine how much of a material will be necessary and use that information to provide customer with an accurate quote
- Work with a variety of materials to give clients precisely what they asked for, which can include wood or metal framing
- Cut tiles according to specifications to ensure they fit in the desired space and then fasten tiles into the framing
- Get rid of existing ceiling tiles to make way for the new ones and then safely remove tiles from the premises completely
- Ensure perfect installation by trimming the edges of tiles when necessary
- Speak with clients in an easy-to-understand manner and answer any questions thoroughly
- Coordinate with other professionals when additional work is necessary, such as working with a window installer to put in a skylight in the new ceiling
- Install insulation directly above the ceiling tiles when it would be appropriate
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Two years of experience working with ceiling tiles
- Certification to work as a ceiling installer
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a drug test
- In good physical shape
- Able to provide own tools
- Knowledge of acoustical tiles
After you write an exceptional ceiling tile installer job description, you may think you just need to post it to a few places, and the applicants will come flocking to you. In actuality, you need to be proactive about where exactly you advertise the job opening. The places you post it can affect the type of applications you receive.
Naturally, the first places you should post include the company website. Your social media pages are also a great resource, because you never know if your followers might be looking for work. Before you call it a day, you also want to be sure you utilize the services of MightyRecruiter. This resource allows you to post to free job boards effortlessly.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter