Certified nursing assistants play an important role in health care facilities. These medical professionals are responsible for providing basic care to patients in a variety of medical organizations, including nursing homes, hospice facilities and hospitals.
In the skills section of your certified nursing assistant (CNA) job description, you will want to emphasize that your ideal candidate possesses basic nursing skills in addition to a friendly, caring personality. Although the responsibilities of these medical professionals vary, CNAs are often responsible for serving patient meals, helping patients with basic hygiene, taking patient vitals and recording medical information.
CNAs also interact with registered nurses, doctors, lab technicians and other professionals who contribute to providing patient care. Review the certified nursing assistant (CNA) job description below to gain insight into what you should include in your own job posting.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Job Summary
As a certified nursing assistant at a busy nursing home, you will be part of a thriving team committed to providing excellent patient care. Beyond simply interacting with patients, attending to their basic needs and acquiring accurate medical information, you will contribute to an atmosphere of positivity and teamwork on a daily basis. This is a great position for any newly qualified CNA who wants to make a difference in the daily lives of our residents while gaining valuable, applicable experience in the medical field. Proper CNA qualifications, excellent communication skills and a friendly demeanor are necessary for this position.
- Help with the necessary activities of daily living for our patients, which may include serving meals, turning and positioning patients and providing fresh water
- Ensure patient stability by checking weight and vital signs and recording in the proper patient record folder so information can be used by other staff members
- Meet the basic personal hygiene needs of patients by giving out bedpans and assisting with travel to the restroom
- Assist with adjunct care by providing ice packs, nonsterile dressings, douches, heat treatments and therapeutic baths
- Protect and enhance the nursing home community by keeping any patient information private and confidential
- Adhere to any policies set forth by the nursing home as well as state and federal guidelines for CNAs
- Record daily actions by completing forms, logs and records, not only for patients but also for basic cleaning and education tasks
- Enhance the nursing department by participating in quarterly trainings and seeking opportunities to receive additional training and education
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited CNA program
- Caring, friendly bedside manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- One year of CNA experience at a health care facility
- Extensive knowledge of infection control practices
- Basic computer skills
Although your certified nursing assistant (CNA) job description may include all relevant and applicable information needed to find a good hire, crafting an attractive job posting is only the first step in the process. In addition to your job ad, you need to push your posting on the right channels so it is seen by people who would make a valuable addition to your team.
Online job boards as well as your company’s own website are both good places to put your job description. You should also consider using social networks and referrals from current employees to find the right fit for your team. Additionally, you can post to free job boards with MightyRecruiter to get your hunt for the perfect candidate off to a good start.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter