Nursing assistants are needed to look after the well-being of patients in their own homes. They need to be personable and knowledgeable in the field of medicine, and when you are looking for new hires, you want the best working for you. It all starts with your certified nursing assistant – home health job description. If you write an informative, detailed post, then the talented applicants will come rolling in.
In order to maintain a good reputation in the community, you want nursing assistants who will perform their job’s responsibilities to perfection. In addition to finding people with the right skills and certifications, you also want people who are going to stay with your organization for some time and hopefully move up within the ranks. The best talent will have their pick of what companies to work for, so make your business stand out from the others right off the bat.
What to Include in Your Certified Nursing Assistant – Home Health Job Description
When it comes to crafting your certified nursing assistant – home health job description, there are certain pieces of information you should leave out while other pieces are essential. The most important thing to remember is that you do not want to be vague. Whether you are discussing the job’s responsibilities or talking about the company’s history, you want to avoid sounding like everyone else. Your description should be unique to what you do and what you offer, so keep these pointers in mind:
• Brief Summary – Your description should start off with a quick summary that sums up what this job will entail. You should not use any more than three sentences in this section. This part of the description is crucial because it will basically tell the reader whether he or she should continue reading, so start out strong.
• Most Important Tasks – Next, you will want to succinctly discuss five to 10 of the most important responsibilities this position will have. Naturally, any job is going to have more than 10 tasks to perform, but you do not want your description to be overly long. Stick to talking about whatever functions this position will need to do on a frequent basis.
• Valuable Skills – The best candidate will have a perfect mix of hard skills and soft ones. Hard skills are quantifiable talents like having a college degree or having a certain number of years of experience in the field. Soft skills are ones that you cannot really measure like being able to work independently and having a positive personality.
• Profile of the Company – Using a few sentences, you want to talk about the history of your business. You can include information related to what the company’s mission statement is and how many workers the business employs. Your certified nursing assistant – home health job description can also include links to the company’s website and social media pages so that interested candidates can learn more about what you have to offer.
• Contact Information – Even if you have written an absolutely beautiful job description that goes over everything relevant about the job, it is not going to result in anything if applicants have no idea how to contact you. The listing should explicitly state where applicants should send their resumes.
By including these sections, your description will already stick out from the rest.
Writing Your Certified Nursing Assistant – Home Health Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
- There are a few other minor tips to bear in mind while you are writing your next job posting. They include:
- Do not use fuzzy language. That means you should avoid saying something like, “Sometimes you will perform this task.”
- Do realize that bulleted lists are your friends. Bullet points make organizing the information so much simpler.
- Do not boast. You should not blindly brag about how much better your company is than others.
- Do not talk about a lot of trivial details. Employees will be taken aback if your certified nursing assistant – home health job description said one thing but they end up doing something completely different on a daily basis.
- Do not be bland. Feel free to inject some personality into your job listing.
- Do not post a job description without having someone else proofread it first.
- While writing an excellent job description takes some work, it will pay off big time in the long run. By making your description clear, you will get much better applicants wanting to work for you.
- If you need more help hiring stellar employees, read through additional MightyRecruiter articles.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter