Chemical engineers play a vital role in developing new products and providing quality assurance and improvement for existing ones. They conduct research for new development and also monitor and troubleshoot current manufacturing processes. In addition to efficiency and innovation, engineers must prioritize safety and legal compliance.
This position typically requires a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, although some advanced positions may need an advanced degree. If your position is entry-level, you do not need someone with a Professional Engineering license. If your chemical engineer job description is for a leadership position, specify whether you require a PE.
Engineers typically work with a team of other engineers, technicians and assistants. Cooperative and communication skills are valuable assets. A chemical engineer who gains experience can expect to work more independently and to supervise others. Look to the example below to compose your own convincing chemical engineer job description.
Chemical Engineer Job Summary
If you are looking for a chemical engineer position that allows you to use the full scope of your abilities while participating in new and exciting developments, consider our position. Our company is a well-known polymer producer. Our mission prioritizes continuous improvement to existing processes and materials. We are always looking for ways to make our products better and to continue our track record of delivering high-quality, cutting-edge developments. As a chemical engineer with us, you will work with a team of top scientists and technicians to create innovations, streamline and troubleshoot existing processes and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations. We are looking for candidates with a strong drive for knowledge and improvement, who are never content with the good enough and always strive for the top.
- Drive technological innovation by creating and implementing goal-oriented plan for all stages of research on new products and processes
- Improve manufacturing processes by performing comprehensive evaluation of processes, materials and equipment and identifying areas and methods of improvement
- Ensure consistent high quality of product by regularly inspecting and monitoring production processes to determine optimal order and method of operations
- Test components of new processes in laboratory setting, and design pilot projects for next step of small-scale testing; supervise initial processes and make necessary adjustments
- Supervise and direct laboratory technicians and other personnel in conducting research and testing, placing and adjusting equipment and implementing process changes
- Document research process and maintain complete records as necessary for further research and as required by law
- Stay current with applicable laws and regulations to ensure continuous compliance; develop safety and operational protocols for manufacturing processes
- Recommend topics for research and development projects, design necessary budget and submit personnel and equipment requirements
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience, including internships
- Proven record of creative and effective problem-solving in the area of manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with polymerization processes
- Proficiency in use of simulation and modeling software
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering or related field
- Project management experience
The best way to increase your chances of hiring the right person is to put out a chemical engineer job description that explains your requirements and shows why your company is a great workplace. However, you have little chance of persuading job seekers to apply for your position if they never lay eyes on your posting.
Many employers find job candidates through job fairs, conferences and college career centers. If you want to reach a wider pool of job seekers, online boards are your best option. If disseminating your posting across myriad online boards seems difficult and complicated, MightyRecruiter takes the headache out of it by uploading simultaneous free job postings to hundreds of job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter