Chemical plant operators are responsible for using equipment and standard chemical treating instruments to treat water, create pharmaceuticals or complete other chemical-related tasks. In addition to the day-to-day operations, chemical plant workers tackle administrative and organizational duties and must follow all mandated policies when using equipment or setting up a new work station.
The most important quality to include on your chemical plant operator job description is a scientific and mathematical mind. Candidates must be analytical, have strong critical thinking and evaluation, and be able to perceive small details. They may also be required to monitor equipment for multiple hours without rest, so endurance and physical strength may also be beneficial.
Finally, communication is a vital skill for chemical plant operators to be able to collaborate together. The following chemical plant operator job description template shows how you can explain these candidate requirements effectively.
Chemical Plant Operator Job Summary
Are you experienced in scientific and mathematical processes and have the mechanical knowledge to operate standard chemical treatment machinery? We think our professional team of chemical engineers is the perfect place for a dedicated chemical plant operator like yourself. You have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and prioritize paying attention to small details to manage operations effectively. Because you will join a team of chemical engineers, excellent communication should be a priority for you, and you should be skilled at collaborating with others on special projects. Finally, competitive chemical plant operators will have excellent endurance and physical strength. Come put your scientific mind to good use by joining our chemical plant operation team.
- Monitor chemical treatment machines and instruments, including flow meters and machine dials, to ensure machinery is operating correctly at all times
- Respond to warning signals and alarms that indicate issues have arisen, taking all necessary precautions to prevent accidents or injuries
- Manipulate the chemical process using controls, panel boards and other input devices to operate the manual and semi-automatic machinery
- Take chemical samples and perform tests to ensure the process is progressing properly
- Regulate or turn off machines in emergency situations and follow all instructions from supervisory staff quickly and precisely
- Follow all safety policies at all times to prevent injury and ensure the finished product meets regulations for distribution
- Examine chemical processing machinery daily to identify damages or erosion, making note of any instances and reporting them to management staff when it is safe to do so
- Perform the washing function at the end of every shift, ensuring the machines are clean and ready to begin operations first thing the next day
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Mechanically certified to operate chemical equipment
- Master degree completion or candidate in scientific field
- Two years minimum working experience in mechanical engineering or chemical engineering
Once you have created a strong job description that you are confident will attract the right kind of job seekers, you are ready to begin the next step in the hiring process. At this point, it is important for you to put your chemical plant operator job description where the most job seekers will see it. Common solutions to advertising the opening are to use the company website or social media. One of the best options is to post it on online job boards.
MightyRecruiter makes it easy to leverage online job boards to your advantage. Our tools allow you to post your job description on hundreds of the most popular and active boards on the internet. This improves the response you will get and allows you to find more talented operators. Post your job description for free by using MightyRecruiter’s posting tools.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter