The job market is incredibly fierce. As more companies strive to attract top talent they pull out all the stops. However, research has shown that one of the most effective ways to lure the most qualified, hardworking and focused individuals is through an effective job description. Writing a standout posting for your available positions is the first step towards building an all-star team. If you are looking for assistance in creating a chief financial officer sample job description, you’ve come to the right place.
The team at MightyRecruiter has spent countless hours studying the most successful companies to bring you the best tips and tricks in the industry. We have created guides that will help you attract, hire and retain the best employees, and it all begins with a killer job description. Check out the example one below for a chief financial officer.
Chief Financial Officer Position Summary
The chief financial officer position is primarily responsible for the financial, administrative and risk management operations of the company. This position will develop financial and operational strategies, while monitoring various control systems and reporting accurate financial data to the board and shareholders. The chief financial officer will also oversee managers and employees in the accounting and financial departments.
Chief Financial Officer Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in managing the company’s future growth and direction, while supporting financial initiatives
- Develop financial strategies by contributing and reporting financial data, analysis and recommended growth and direction.
- Establish functional goals that align with company objectives.
- Monitor financial performance by analyzing data and results. Initiate correct accounting and financial principles to minimize risk and variances.
- Forecast capitals, staff requirements and facilities.
- Create action plans based on monetary resources.
- Oversee the capital funds and budgeting processes.
- Maximize the return on shareholder funds by investigating opportunities and retaining relationships with various investors in the industry.
- Assists in developing company-wide strategic goals by analyzing current trends, evaluating critical measurements and strategies, resolving problems and implementing change procedures.
- Works together with human resources and management to attract, hire and retain a strong team of accounting and financial experts.
Chief Financial Officer Qualifications and Skills
- The candidate for chief financial officer should possess the following:
- A master’s degree in finance or business administration.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) along with ten years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role for a large company.
- Experience in partnering with company executive teams, board members and shareholders, while maintaining strong communication skills.
- Extensive experience in financial planning and strategy, corporate finance, budgeting, managing profitability and quality management skills.
- Wise time-management skills and proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Vast managerial experience over large departments.
Our Company Culture and Vision
Advanced Accounting was founded in 1985 and since that time has developed into one of the largest accounting firms in the country. We are proud to offer our clients a wide range of financial services while maintaining close, interpersonal relationships. Our goal is to provide the highest level of financial and accounting services while developing working solutions and increasing value for our shareholders.
The standards at Advanced Accounting are extremely high. We have combined years of experience and professionalism into a culture that thrives on energy and performance. Our team is diligently looking for the best talent in the industry to join our team. We encourage you to apply today if you want to be part of a team of growing talent in one of the most sought-after industries in the world.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Additional Tips and Tricks for Writing an Effective Job Description
The example above is a great resource for a chief financial officer sample job description. If you need a little more assistance in creating an effective posting that will attract result-driven employees to your company, MightyRecruiter has you covered. Here are some of our best tips and tricks to help you create a new job posting.
If you need any additional help in attracting, hiring and retaining all-stars in your industry, check out more articles available on MightyRecruiter. We have a wealth of resources to help your company create talented teams of employees who are driven to help you reach success. Read more from MightyRecruiter today.