Chiropractors are professionals who deal with conditions of the neuromusculoskeletal system, which includes the tendons, bones, muscles, ligaments and nerves. Manipulation and spinal adjustments, as well as other techniques, are performed by chiropractors to manage a patient’s health concerns.
In most locations chiropractors must hold a state license and a Doctor of Chiropractic to practice this profession. As you put together your own chiropractor job description, you will want to include the fact that a top candidate will possess these necessary qualifications as well as strong interpersonal skills.
On a daily basis, chiropractors interact with office staff, patients and chiropractic assistants. They should know how to talk to patients so they can get a better understand of their needs. Take a look at our chiropractor job description template so you gain a better understanding of what should go into your own advertisement.
Chiropractor Job Summary
As a chiropractor at an up-and-coming office, you will be primarily responsible for working with patients and helping them with their rehabilitation needs. Beyond just providing excellent patient care, you will also research new treatment modalities that can be incorporated into our practice and provide advice to patients on how to live a healthier lifestyle. This is the perfect role for any chiropractor who wants to perform basic adjustments while taking your profession a step further by truly helping your patients get on track towards greater health and wellness. The key to thriving at our office is to be knowledgeable with an attitude geared towards helping other people.
- See patients on a daily basis in order to determine their needs and perform manipulations and adjustments depending on their overall wellness plan
- Diagnose health problems by comprehensively reviewing the medical histories of patients and looking over the results of X-rays
- Provide advice to patients regarding how they can improve their health through chiropractic care and at-home exercises
- Create wellness plans for patients based on their goals for physical health and wellness, medical history, any injuries and personal requests
- Consult with patients regarding injuries and past health history, and make referrals to other medical professionals based on findings
- Recommend and apply the use of physical supports, like bandages, braces and straps, if necessary
- Update patient medical records at the end of every appointment and file with correct administrative department for billing and record-keeping purposes
- Research new chiropractic techniques, technology and procedures to further refine abilities and provide a superior level of care to patients on a continued basis
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Doctor of Chiropractic degree
- At least two years of professional experience as a chiropractor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic chiropractic equipment
- Continued education credentials
- Experience with basic medical billing procedures
- Ability to work nontraditional hours, like late evenings and weekends
Putting together a quality chiropractor job description that attracts top talent and professionals is only the first step towards finding the right hire. Once you have completed your job description, you are going to want to get the word out there about the open position, and that means knowing where to post it.
There are many valuable platforms you can use to promote your job posting, like social media, your company website and even more traditional options, like your local newspaper. Online job boards are also one of the best places to put your job posting. Consider one effective way to post jobs for free by using MightyRecruiter to place your job description on hundreds of boards all at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter