Cleaners of vehicles and equipment are employed to wash, scrub and vacuum to keep these objects cleaned and well maintained. Cleaners use brushes, sprayers, hoses and cloths in conjunction with various cleansers and water to accomplish their cleaning tasks on vehicles and other equipment, including storage tanks and machinery.
You will want to define the ability to lift and carry a certain amount of weight in your skills section of your cleaners of vehicles and equipment job description. This is because the position requires lifting and moving objects continuously while cleaning throughout the work shift.
A cleaner will also need customer service skills if she or he is working in a setting such as a car wash where cleaners interact with the public. Look at this cleaners of vehicles and equipment job description as a guide to writing your own job description for this position.
Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment Job Summary
Are you the type of person who likes to stay busy throughout the workday and never wants to be caught behind a desk? Then Clearwater Car Wash has a position for you. We need active and detail-oriented vehicle cleaners to join our auto detailing team. Our vehicle cleaners work alone and as a team to clean every aspect of the vehicles that drive through our doors. Vehicle cleaners report to the carwash manager and are eligible for a raise after the first three months. Get the satisfaction of keeping cars maintained and sparkling and making customers happy with the results of your efforts. Apply today to get your vehicle detailing career moving!
- Inspect vehicles to target areas that need extra cleaning attention, and pre-soak, scrape, scrub and rinse them using cleaners, disinfectants, cloths, hoses and power sprayers
- Mix vehicle cleaning solutions for automatic car wash machines as well as for custom detailing per equipment specifications, and press buttons to activate machines, notifying the supervisor if the machine malfunctions
- Connect cleaning hoses to equipment and optimize cleaning by regulating water, steam, and air pressure through cleaning equipment nozzles within safe parameters
- Detail car interiors with brushes, polishes and leather reconditioners, making sure to vacuum the entire interior and clean both the inside and outside of windows
- Apply polishes and waxes to the exterior of vehicles per client request
- Drive cars safely to and from the car wash and detailing work areas
- Remove and reattach car parts such as trim, boot spoilers, side skirts and mud flaps without damage to these accessories
- Keep detailing area clean and presentable at all times
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Able to lift and carry a maximum of 50 pounds
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to stand and bend throughout work shift
- Customer service experience
- Excellent attention to detail
It can be difficult to find qualified staff to fill your cleaners of vehicles and equipment position, even if you have written a great job description. The trick to getting a lot of applicants is to target both active and passive job seekers.
With a number of online platforms that address either active or passive searchers, the task of getting your job description a wide audience can be time-consuming. A great place to start is on your company website as well as any social media platforms you use. Additionally, you can try listing your cleaners of vehicles and equipment job description on MightyRecruiter, where you can post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards all at once for great job listing exposure.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter