A community and social service specialist can provide a wide variety of social service resources for a number of different client populations. Examples of some of the resources that can be provided include education on how to attain a healthier lifestyle, policy changes to create greater access to dependent care and programs to combat substance abuse.
Tasks of the specialist can range from planning, organizing and administrating programs to implementing them directly with clients. When writing your community and social service specialist job description, keep in mind that the need for excellent written and verbal communication skills should be listed in the required area of the job description’s skill section.
Organization and time management skills are also essential in a position that must juggle changing client needs with administration tasks. Refer to this community and social service specialist job description to help focus the writing of your own job description.
Community and Social Service Specialist Job Summary
Do you pride yourself in being able to provide a high level of assistance to vulnerable persons in the community? If you do, you may be the perfect candidate for our new community and social service specialist position at Smithfield County’s social service department. The individual in this specialist position will assist licensed social workers in the planning, organization and implementation of community services focused on clients who have recently completed an addiction recovery program. The goal is to ease clients’ transitions back into the community and lower the rate of substance abuse relapse. Basic components of the services will include coordination of supportive resources, group therapy and ongoing rehabilitation. Apply for this position and make a positive difference in Smithfield County.
- Communicate with a wide range of individuals in the community of all ages, cultures and socio-economic statuses in order to best meet individuals’ needs
- Assist licensed social workers in determining needs of clients then developing and implementing a client care plan, making sure services are fully coordinated
- Support healthy lifestyles for clients through education and group therapy efforts, coordinating with outside agencies when necessary
- Research and recommend additional community services that will support clients as they continue to rehabilitate from substance abuse in order to lower the substance abuse recidivism rate
- Research services, such as food stamps and Medicaid, that are available to their clients in their communities and assist clients in completing application paperwork for services
- Occasionally transport clients to appointments in the community, serving as an advocate when necessary
- Execute documentation of all points of the care plan, actions taken and resources provided per documentation guidelines
- Ensure proper delivery of services to all clients on caseload
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Compassion for at-risk individuals in the community
- Baccalaureate degree in social work or a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior experience in addiction treatment related services
- Knowledge of group therapy techniques
Now that you have completed the task of writing a winning community and social service specialist job description that will engage job seekers and grab their attention, where do you post it?
More than ever, job seekers are using a myriad of online job boards to conduct their job searches. It would take most of one work day to post to 10 job boards if you were posting your job description individually on each one. To post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at once and maximize your impact, use MightyRecruiter and get your job description seen by the largest amount of qualified individuals possible.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter