If you want to successfully make great hires, you have to first create an outstanding job description. A well-written job description can help you in two distinct ways. First, it will give those looking for jobs ample information about the position you are trying to fill. This information will show them whether or not they want the job and whether or not they qualify. Second, it will help you easily weed out those applicants who are underqualified. This means that a well-written job description can make the entire hiring process a little bit easier for you. Use this Compliance Coordinator job description sample as a starting place for your own stand out job description.
Compliance Coordinator Job Summary
You will be tasked with implementing and upholding procedure and policies that meet government standards for the company. You will also have to organize employee training and disciplinary measures as necessary. You will have to work closely with other department heads and compliance analysts.
Compliance Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement and analyze compliance programs for the company
- Revise compliance programs as necessary to meet changing needs of company
- Train employees on compliance guidelines, requirements and standards
- Compile and analyze both internal and external information to prepare compliance audit data
- Collect and coordinate internal compliance data with other departments to support said departments
- Implement policies, procedures and systems to provide administrative support to departments
- Answer questions regarding regulations to help other members of company better understand
- Study both existing and new legislation, enforce obedience to policies and advise management on necessary actions to make sure company complies with local, state and federal legal requirements
- Stay current on industry standards by continuing education, reading publications, talking with peers and joining professional groups
- Explore new, innovative opportunities to add value to your job and the job of everyone in the company
Compliance Coordinator Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- 1-3 years of experience of supervisor experience in related field
- Proven leadership skills
- Working knowledge of compliance issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities
- Familiarity with computer and necessary software
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to foster strong relationships
- Proven understanding of risk assessment and mitigation
- Research and reporting skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills
ABC Manufacturing has been serving the Low Country since 1965. Our mission is to provide our customers with high quality products at affordable prices. To do this, we rely on the integrity and hard work of our employees. We strive to provide a safe and enjoyable work environment for all of our employees, so they can provide great service to our customers.
Best Practices for Writing a Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
- You can use the above Compliance Coordinator job description sample as a great place to start, but you still have to have a strong understanding of the elements that should and should not be a part of your own job description. You have to know what type of information to share in order to attract the top talent in the industry. Consider the following tips as you write your own description.
- Do create a readable document. Use bullet points and short paragraphs to make your job opening post easy to read for applicants.
- Do be specific. Let the readers know exactly what they’re applying for by including specific keywords, day-to-day duties, requirements and the like.
- Don’t be afraid to show off the company culture. Giving insightful information about the company can help make your opening more competitive and intriguing to potential applicants.
- Don’t make the application difficult. Be clear about how candidates can apply, so the process is easy for them.
- Do include salary and benefit information. This type of information can also work to make your post more competitive.
- Do include information related to the hierarchy of the company. Let the applicants know who they’ll be reporting to and who will be reporting to them.
- Don’t create a vague title. The title is the first thing that applicants will see, and you want it to clearly show them what the position is going to be about.
Use the Compliance Coordinator job description sample as a great place to start, but always be sure to include specific information throughout your own position explanation. Use the tops provided here to make your task of hiring new talent for your company a little bit easier. The hiring process can be made a little bit easier when you create an informative and engaging job description.
Compliance Coordinator Job Responsibilities
A compliance coordinator job description gives you the chance to appeal to qualified applicants and fill your open position. However, how you write it plays a huge role in the type of applicants you attract. When it comes to the job responsibilities section, if you present a concise list of well-written duties, you give applicants a clear idea of what they will be doing every day in the position. This allows them to accurately assess whether this is the job for them.
As you present the compliance coordinator job responsibilities, make sure to include enough information to paint a clear picture but avoid throwing in so much information that it becomes overwhelming. You don’t want to chase away a good candidate because he or she believes the job is too demanding. Stick with essential tasks and duties and emphasize important responsibilities, too.
Here is an example of a list you might find in a compliance coordinator job description:
- Studies and gains expertise in legal requirements at all government levels
- Collects internal compliance data and analyzes it to identify issues
- Reports findings to management in monthly meetings
- Provides support to departments in correcting compliance issues
- Answers questions and educates employees on compliance matters
Compliance Coordinator Job Specifications
Creating the best job qualifications and skills list involves having a clear understanding of the demands of the job. You may want to work with your current compliance coordinator or managers to create a comprehensive catalog of compliance coordinator job specifications. Through creating a clear and concise list of qualifications and skills in your compliance coordinator job description, you are able give applicants a solid idea of if they qualify for the position or not. This is important so you do not waste applicants’ time or your own. Having to weed through resumes of people who do not meet the qualifications is not something you want to do.
Be sure as you write to stress the most important requirements first and to distinguish between preferred and required items. Keep entries short and to the point. Includes specifics wherever possible, such as an exact degree field or a number of years of experience.
This is an example of what a qualifications and skills section may look like in a compliance coordinator job description:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Microsoft Office competency
- Detail-oriented with superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Customer service experience a plus