A computer-controlled machine tool operator uses computerized equipment to create precision tools and other metal parts. This requires programming the computer to make the correct cuts and to conform to the proper measurements needed for whatever is being created.
In a computer-controlled machine tool operator job description, you will want to make sure to include that manual dexterity is important to be able to operate the machinery. Technical skills are needed to work with the machines as well. Operators also need physical stamina since the job may involve hours spent standing and sitting, along with some bending and lifting. A working knowledge of computers is also important due to the nature of the job.
Operators also need to have solid math skills and should be experienced in reading blueprints. You can use the computer-controlled machine tool operator job description below to get more insight into what to include.
Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operator Job Summary
As a computer-controlled machine tool operator at our small manufacturing facility, you will be responsible for operating a CNC machine to create auto parts. Part of your job will include setting up and changing over machines, along with selecting the proper tools and reading blueprints to properly create the assigned product. You will be an integral part of a team of workers who are creating parts to meet customer demand. Staying on track and keeping up with production schedules are essential to maintaining the high standard our company is known for. If you are driven to succeed and committed to quality work, then you would make an ideal candidate for this position.
- Conduct quality checks to measure finished pieces to ensure they conform to order specifications using precision measuring tools and other equipment
- Assemble machine parts using hand tools to add attachments, align pieces or secure fixtures to ensure the overall safe and efficient operation of the machine
- Enter commands into computer to run machine based upon the specifications given and to create parts that are to the proper measurements
- Conduct regular checks to ensure machines are running properly and conduct any repairs or maintenance that may be needed to fix issues or continue high-quality production
- Read blueprints to interpret project requirements and figure out what commands to enter into the machinery computer
- Operate machining centers and understand the programming needed to produce the products being created
- Practice safe working standards by adhering to all safety rules, using provided safety equipment and monitoring work conditions to be aware of possible risks
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to read measuring devices and strong math skills
- Skills in reading blueprints
- Mechanical skills and familiarity with basic hand tools
- Experience operating computerized machines
- Previous work in carpentry or woodworking
Writing a great computer-controlled machine tool operator job description is only the first step to securing the right candidate for the position. If you are hiring, you must also make sure that you are posting the description in the right places and putting it on sites where people will go to look for jobs, including your website and social media accounts.
In addition, you will most likely want to post your job description to job boards. The downside here is that posting on the many popular job boards available can be a very time-consuming process. However, it is a must if you really want the description to be seen by the right people. In order to streamline the process and get your job description on hundreds on boards all at one time, you can use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter