Computer network architects are typically responsible for the planning, design and creation of corporate networks, information systems and servers. Their responsibilities may also include the operation of these systems, but it is more common for them to be dedicated to increasing efficiency, recommending and implementing upgrades and researching new developing technologies.
Your computer network architect job description should emphasize computer science knowledge and skills first and foremost. It is vital that any candidates you consider be fully trained with computer hardware and software.
Other attributes you should include on your job description include analytical skills organization, attention to small details and minor communication skills. These are all secondary requirements for computer network professionals, so you can include the attributes that are most important for your unique job opening. The following computer network architect job description shows how you can emphasize these requirements as effectively as possible.
Computer Network Architect Job Summary
If you are looking to use your computer science knowledge to make a real difference, consider joining our computer network architect team. Our engineers are responsible for creating information, networking and server systems to aid the daily operations of our corporation. You will help keep information flowing efficiently. The dynamic team of network architects works together to design and plan the computer systems. In addition to a firm foundation in computer science, you must have excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as be organized and analytical. After initial setup is complete, you will maintain and upgrade the system as needed, meaning you must be able to evaluate its effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other engineers to create plans for implementing new computer network technologies, following specific requirements
- Design the computer system or network, creating a blueprint and carefully detailing all aspects of its design
- Oversee the creation of new computer systems, ensuring the blueprints are followed closely and taking part in the construction process
- Perform daily tests to gauge the effectiveness of the computer system, identifying areas in need of improvement and issues that slow the system down and making recommendations for upgrades
- Perform research on new technologies as they are developed to determine if they would be beneficial to be implanted in our systems
- Create reports on server performance and potential new technology, presenting this information in front of a board of department heads, making recommendations for new strategies
- Implement information security principals when creating and designing information systems in order to keep all classified and sensitive information secure
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or other related field
- Minimum of five years’ working experience in IT
- Fluent in multiple programming languages or working experience as a programmer
- Cisco and VMware certification
If you follow the writing strategies of the above computer network architect job description template, you can create a stand-out job description. However, this is only the first step in the process. Your job description will not do any good unless a large audience sees it. Typical approaches are to post it on the company website and through social media. One of the very best options is to use online job boards to advertise a new job opening.
Even if you choose to post your job description on a few online job boards, it will not receive mass exposure. MightyRecruiter allows you to post to hundreds of job boards at the same time, letting the most job seekers possible see it at once and attracting more candidates. Take advantage of MightyRecruiter’s free posting tools for your company’s hiring process.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter