Computer system analysts are professionals responsible for overseeing and evaluating the technology processes in any company. They must analyze current and potential systems to determine the best way to maximize efficiency. They usually create reports for management in order to aid their decisions and may also present their reports to superiors.
The most important quality for computer systems analysts to have is analytical skills. It is essential to their job that any new hires demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking and deductive reasoning to create information from a situation. In addition to analytical skills, you should mention creativity on your computer systems analyst job description.
Secondarily, successful computer systems analysts will have strong communication skills for relaying the information they discover to others. The following computer systems analyst job description template will show you the best way to emphasize these qualities on your own job description.
Computer Systems Analyst Job Summary
Put your impressive computer skills to good use by entering the exciting position of computer systems analyst. We are looking for a candidate who combines excellent computer science experience, an analytical mind and strong communication skills in order to thrive. You will be responsible for overseeing the computer system, servers and networks. You will identify areas in need of improvement, either implementing fixes on the spot or making recommendations and collaborating with other analysts on your team to employ more complicated solutions to improve efficiency. Take on special research projects to identify the viability of potential server and user software for our company.
- Perform tests and daily maintenance on the company’s computer system and database to keep them operating as efficiently as possible
- Analyze the performance of the computer servers, identifying areas of poor efficiency and making improvements when possible
- Complete initial setup of new hardware and software during expansions or improvement, working with other analysts and computer engineers
- Create a monthly report of the performance of the systems from raw data, which includes recommendations for improvements and strategies for implementing these improvements successfully
- Present your reports at monthly board meeting, answering questions from department heads and other executives
- Communicate with managers and other engineers to agree upon the best computer system strategies
- Perform research on new technological developments, creating written reports of potential improvements as they become available and their corresponding benefits
- Train new additions to the computer engineering team, ensuring all recruits have a complete understanding of the company’s computer system
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Two years’ experience in information systems or information technology
- Master’s degree in computer related field
- One year experience working with corporate databases
Keep in mind that creating a strong computer systems analyst job description that will attract the right kind of talent is only the first step in the hiring process. Once you have refined it to the point where you are confident it is as strong as it can be, you must post it in the right places so candidates will be able to see it. With so many different companies all hiring simultaneously, you cannot afford to blend in to the crowd.
Online job boards are one of the best locations for attracting eligible computer systems analysts. Of course, you should post it on your company’s website and through social media, but the most important source will be online job boards. MightyRecruiter allows you to post your job description to hundreds of job boards all at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter