A company’s computer user support specialists are responsible for performing maintenance on the business’ technology and providing support for the employees who use it. They conduct troubleshooting to identify issues and either employ repairs immediately or make recommendations for issues that cannot be solved on the spot. They may also be tasked with evaluating computer or network system performance and creating reports based on this information.
A strong technical knowledge is at the heart of this position and should be featured prominently on any computer user support specialist job description. These professionals must have a strong attention to detail, an analytical mind and a firm understanding of computer science.
It is also important that they exhibit strong communication skills because they must explain technological issues and fixes to other users. The following computer user support specialist job description will demonstrate some of the best ways to emphasize these requirements.
Computer User Support Specialist Job Summary
As a computer user support specialist with our company, you are an integral part of our tech team that we will rely on to keep our computer networks and server systems fully operational. While you will be resolving the user issues facing other employees, the position is much more rewarding than that. You can be a part of upgrading and improving these systems, putting your computer analysis and evaluation skills to the test. We are looking for a computer support specialist who can successfully identify and fix inefficiencies and create useful reports for areas in need of improvement in a dynamic and exciting field.
- Manage all computer systems and oversee the daily performance, keeping an eye out for issues and inefficiencies
- Respond to user issues, answering inquiries and resolving more complicated issues firsthand by either remote access or physically travelling to the hardware issue
- Install new equipment for use by employees, handling the initial setup requirements including installing operating systems, hardware and software
- Monitor the network and servers, paying attention to inefficiencies and areas in need of improvement, applying quick fixes where possible
- Maintain records of system performance, combining raw information into a useful and beneficial performance report for monthly board meetings
- Create training material whenever new recruits are hired to explain the correct and most efficient way to operate the company’s computers, networks and systems
- Collaborate with other user support specialists for larger projects, gaining a broad understanding of system through technical manuals
- Research new hardware and software developments and make recommendations for future investments
Job Skills & Qualifications
- One full year of experience in information technology or computer support
- Familiarity with corporate databases
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
- Working experience with corporate databases
Once you have used these guides and tips to create a computer user support specialist job description, the process of posting it and getting it seen begins. No matter how strong your job description is, it will not do you any good unless a large audience is exposed to it. This is especially important when you consider how many other employers are also seeking computer support specialists.
The typical outlets that companies choose to advertise open positions include their website and social media. To improve your hiring process even more, you should add online job boards to this list. Choosing to post your open position on multiple job boards reaches a bigger audience that is entirely seeking work. MightyRecruiter offers free job posting tools to get your job opening on hundreds of online job boards all at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter