Conveyor operators play a big role in the movement of goods. They may have to choose the route of a product based on shipping orders. Usually they move goods from storage areas or building sites onto the conveyor belt. Even though the belt may run automatically, the operator monitors speeds to ensure all products remain safe.
You can use the skills section of your conveyor operator job description to let candidates know what skills are really important for this position. For example, conveyor operators often need the ability to remain alert and technical knowledge about machinery.
What other information should you include to make your job posting both informative and engaging? You can use the conveyor operator job description template below to get a better idea of the elements that are important for your description.
Conveyor Operator Job Summary
Do you want to be a part of a team that prides itself on providing high-quality products to a variety of customers? As a conveyor operator at our company, you get a chance to assist in the speedy delivery of product parts to different areas around the building and completed products to shipping areas. Not only do you have the chance to put your technical knowledge and experience to good use to ensure the conveyor belt is moving at an appropriate speed, but you also get to work with interesting products as you inspect for damage, move products from storage areas and pick the best route for the goods based on their end destination. With all of these different responsibilities, your day-to-day life can be fast-paced and varied.
- Ensure materials reach the proper end destination within the factory by changing the position of spouts, bars, gates and chutes as needed
- Verify the weight of certain products by reading the scale on the conveyor to make sure the system is not overloaded with goods
- Adjust equipment speeds and positions to improve the efficiency of the conveyor system and to make sure none of the materials get damaged on the ride
- Keep detailed records about material specifications, product storage locations, downtime reasons and equipment problems to make the transition between shifts go smoothly
- Use brooms, hoses and lubricants to keep your equipment clean and well-maintained on a daily basis or as needed
- Determine transfer and sorting procedures by communicating with supervisors and reading production schedules to make sure the proper destinations are reached
- Clear jams and remove damaged materials by stopping the conveyor and using hand tools, poles and bars
- Collaborate with workers from other departments to request the movement of certain materials or inform them of incoming shipments
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 18 years old or older
- Strong communication
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work well with others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Technical knowledge of conveyor control software
After you have created the perfect posting for your open position, you may think it is time to put your feet up and wait for the applications to start coming in. However, your job is not quite done. You still have to make sure that your conveyor operator job description is seen by the right people. How can you do that when you don’t even know who you want to hire? Putting your description up on a variety of sites, such as online job boards, your company website and social media sites, can increase the number of applicants you get and help you attract high-quality candidates.
Using multiple job boards can significantly increase how many people see your want ad. Thankfully, this does not have to be hard or time consuming. You can post jobs for free to hundreds of boards simultaneously through MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter