Credit authorizers work for financial institutions, service providers and merchants to help customers secure consumer credit. They’ll work with potential clients to collect all of the data necessary to run credit checks and grant approvals. Once credit has been extended, they’ll then work with customers to develop repayment schedules.
Given that such work involves determining interest rates, creating future value calculations and detailing amortization schedules, potential credit authorizers should have excellent math skills. A familiarity with online financial planning tools is also useful. As you can see, the credit authorizer job description shown here highlights those skills.
Often, your credit authorizer will also be placed in the position of selling your consumer financing program to clients. Thus, he or she should also demonstrate a commitment to customer service. Use the credit authorizer job description as a reference to help understand exactly what skills you should include in your listing.
Credit Authorizer Job Summary
Would you like to work in a job that helps families improve their lives while also contributing to a cleaner environment? If so, we’d like to invite you join our solar energy provider team as a credit authorizer. This is a burgeoning industry experiencing exponential growth, which helps ensure job security. You’ll help people to afford the benefits of solar energy by helping them secure financing through credit authorization. In this job, you’ll work with both our sales manager and our financing partners to help establish credit-qualifying criteria and with customers to help get them in a position to qualify for credit. This position offers plenty of professional as well as emotional rewards, from learning new skills to helping others save money and reduce their environmental impact.
- Authorize consumer credit accounts for customers looking to finance their solar energy system purchases based off of predetermined criteria
- Work with customers who have been approved for credit to establish their accounts, determine annual interest rates and create an acceptable repayment schedule
- Create documentation such as credit contracts, installment agreements, service contracts and payment booklets to both send to customers and to record in internal system files
- Maintain a documented record of all credit payments and create receipts for customers to store in their own personal records
- Field calls from customers with questions regarding their credit accounts, payment options and potential relief methods if they are no longer able to meet their repayment schedules
- Coordinate with collection agencies to arrange the transfer of defaulted contracts in order to escalate action to collect on delinquent payments
- Report information regarding defaulted accounts to the appropriate representatives from the three major credit reporting agencies
- Manage in-house financing portfolio in conjunction with other administrative staff members
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and data management software
- Excellent mathematics skills
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in math, accounting or a related field
- Previous experience in consumer credit services or billing and collections
The credit authorizer job description template given here will help you create a listing that’s designed to attract attention. Yet it can only do so if you place it in front of as many qualified candidates as possible. Jobs such as this are often attractive to those looking for careers in finance. Thus, posting your listing on student boards at colleges or universities or advertising at job fairs may be an excellent way to find potential applicants.
Placing your listing on an online job board is another surefire way to gain exposure. There are literally hundreds of such sites out there, each with its own listing criteria. To research them all would be impossible. Yet services such as MightyRecruiter can give you instant access to such resources, allowing you to post jobs for free across multiple channels and increasing your chances of making the perfect hire.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter