Customer care representatives are critical links in facilitating customer needs. Professionals functioning in this role often work in teams to manage large volumes of phone calls, emails and other correspondences. Their responsibilities include providing product information, solving problems, following up on escalated issues, managing customers’ personal information and documenting all interactions. They can also create and update customer accounts.
If there is just one skill you choose to highlight in your customer care representative job description, it should be customer service. In conjunction with good interpersonal skills, applicants have to be able to communicate effectively, listen efficiently and solve problem creatively.
Patience is another imperative competency as customer service requires dealing with persons who may be dissatisfied or misunderstanding a product or service. This customer care representative job description is an accurate depiction of the type of content you may choose to include in your own listing.
Customer Care Representative Job Summary
As a customer care representative, you will be a part of our lively and enthusiastic team of professional listeners. Your number one task will be assisting our loyal customers in understanding our products and services and creating orders based on the information you have received. You will get to experience a variety of tasks, including data entry and management, account creation and cancellation, problem solving and building long-lasting business relationships. If you are someone who enjoys working with people, is self-motivated, can manage your time and is committed to working as part of a team, this job could be a perfect fit for you. With unprecedented opportunities for growth and advancement, you can channel your strengths to make a difference and provide our customers with superior service.
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails in a friendly, patient and professional manner; if requested, transfer the caller to a manager’s phone in an efficient and kind way
- Provide customers with detailed information about various products and services and offer recommendations for complementary merchandise; upsell where possible in a manner that is professional and honest
- Manage conflict with objectivity and professionalism; immediately report escalated issues and follow up at a later point to ensure the customer was adequately served and compensated if needed
- Document all activity on every customer account, including updates, order inquiries, questions and billing issues for future reference
- Create and maintain customer information in a secure online filing system; protect sensitive information by complying with the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity
- Oversee customer payments, apply appropriate discounts, issue refunds and facilitate exchanges
- Uphold a positive attitude and enthusiastic demeanor to contribute effectively to team efforts and provide customers with the highest level of service
- Maintain a workspace that is clean, organized and free of distractions and remain focused during all shifts
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Effective communication and listening skills
- The ability to solve problems with creative solutions
- Previous experience in a customer service position
- Able to speak more than one language fluently
Having a well-written customer care representative job description is imperative, but it is only the first step in finding the right person to fill the position. With your final draft in hand, you must now decide how to share that information with interested applicants. Strategies to consider include advertising on company social media platforms, collaborating with referral programs and attending local job fairs where you can take a personable approach to recruiting.
A convenient, professional and efficient method is posting to online job boards. With little to no effort or resources involved, you can make your posting visible to hundreds of applicants with the click of a button. MightyRecruiter is a great place to start if you are looking to post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter