Some modern contact centers have become very sophisticated, diversified into teams handling specialized types of service. While customer service specialists perform many tasks, the type of work they handle can vary. Depending on the organization, they may be found providing information, assisting with billing inquiries, processing orders and addressing customer complaints. Specialization can come in many forms, such as teams dedicated to billing issues, first-level technical support or serving customers who do not speak English.
When creating your customer service specialist job description, be sure to include the specific types of skills you need the ideal candidate to possess. For example, if you’re looking for bilingual agents or those with a technical background, mention so in your posting.
Basically, customer service professionals must be experienced problem solvers and have excellent communication skills. We’ve provided our own example of a customer service specialist job description to help you create your own.
Customer Service Specialist Job Summary
Are you the type of individual who enjoys putting your specialized skills to use while helping people solve problems? If this description sounds like you, then you’re the sort of customer service specialist we need! We’re looking for experienced customer service agents for a team dedicated to assisting Spanish-speaking direct sales associates within a contact center for an international beauty and personal care products company. We equip you for success with our first-class paid training, after which you’ll take on an exciting role providing top-quality service via telephone, email or online live chat. We reward our specialists with a competitive pay and benefits package, along with the potential for advancement. This is a great opportunity for bilingual customer service professionals who enjoy using their skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Respond to associate inquiries via telephone, email or online live chat sessions by providing information on account balances, credit limits, order status, shipping information, associate discounts and earnings
- Connect sales associates with Spanish-language training materials, product information, sales tools and other resources
- Assist sales associates with dedicated sales force web portal by helping them register for accounts, assisting with password resets and offering instruction for website features such as placing orders, accessing training videos and tracking sales figures
- Look up pricing and availability data for products and sales tools, and investigate status of back-ordered products
- Help associates with processing returns and exchanges, including preparing items for shipment back to the company’s fulfillment centers
- Maintain sales force database by updating it with corrected contact information supplied by associates
- Create and revise entries for the contact center’s knowledge database, keeping it updated with the most current solutions
- Assisting with other types of sales associate requests as needed
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Spanish language proficiency
- At least two years of prior contact center experience
- Familiarity with Windows-based desktop computer systems
- Strong communication skills
- Availability to work evening or weekend shifts
- Ability to multitask
- Prior experience with password reset functions
Writing your customer service specialist job description is just the first step. Next, you need to ensure that it’s seen by the type of skilled candidates you need. Remember that job seekers tend to be thorough researchers, so be sure to include your new description on your own organization’s website. Your social media networks are also a great way to attract qualified job hunters, so provide links to your job posting on your Facebook, Twitter and other accounts. Finally, your current employees can assist you by sharing your job posting within their own professional and social circles.
Online job boards are the most popular resource for both job seekers and recruiters, but uploading your new open position to all of them takes a great deal of time and effort. MightyRecruiter makes the process much easier, allowing you to post jobs for free concurrently to many different websites.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter